The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Information Management for Business 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by SkrillaGB
Hi, I'm dead set on applying to 5 universities for the ITMB degree but i'm not sure whether UCL would accept me with my current grades. Any help or reassurances would be appreciated, I got the following:

OCR Nationals Level 3 course - Distinction, Distinction (Equiv. to 2 A's / 240pts)
Business Studies A Level - A (162/200 marks, 80/80 on 1st exam F291)
History A Level - D (111/200 marks, very disappointed with this)

I plan on getting my History A Level remarked in an attempt to bump it to a C as i feel like i've been quite harshly marked along with the 2nd Business Studies exam I did called F292 to strengthen my chances of maintaining an A next year...

What do you think? Would AAAD be good enough to get into UCL? Hopefully once remarked it will be AAAC, but I do plan on dropping History so that will only be at AS. Any help appreciated, thanks. And would dropping History next year affect my chances of being accepted greatly?

That's fine.. are you considering to drop a subject?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 181
Original post by LAX Inc
That's fine.. are you considering to drop a subject?

Yes, probably History because i only managed to get a D in the end. :frown:
Hi guys!

I'm an international student who will be applying to this imb course this year. Just wondering, did you guys mention anything for the 'information' part in the personal statement?

I'm a bit lost about what to write for the 'information' part since i don't have much knowledge about it.

Thank you!!

Mon

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 183
Anyone applying for this course next year??
Reply 184
Yay!! I got a confirmation for this course...who else will be joining the imb course this september???
Reply 185
Original post by paulas
Yay!! I got a confirmation for this course...who else will be joining the imb course this september???

hi i what offer were you given for this course?
Original post by paulas

Hi there,

I do!, apparently we're supposed to move into accomodation on the 22nd and enrol on the 24th, i don't have any clue on when we actually start though but i'm actually quite excited :biggrin:
Reply 187
Original post by nnekaoke
hi i what offer were you given for this course?

AAB :smile:
Reply 188
Original post by Perceverance
Hi there,

I do!, apparently we're supposed to move into accomodation on the 22nd and enrol on the 24th, i don't have any clue on when we actually start though but i'm actually quite excited :biggrin:

yh 24th sep is enrolement day..im kinda nervous but excited too :P
i think we properly start in early october?
Original post by paulas
yh 24th sep is enrolement day..im kinda nervous but excited too :P
i think we properly start in early october?

I'll let you know, I'm going to be emailing Mr R.P who should know when we start lectures.
Yeah the first week is just freshers, timetabled lectures are not until 1st October and even then it will just be introductory stuff at first :smile:
Reply 191
Original post by jamz0770
Yeah the first week is just freshers, timetabled lectures are not until 1st October and even then it will just be introductory stuff at first :smile:

what do we actually do in the freshers week..is it compulsary to come every single day of the freshers week? plz give more info on this
Original post by paulas
what do we actually do in the freshers week..is it compulsary to come every single day of the freshers week? plz give more info on this

Not much, a few introductory bits and pieces. You might get away with not coming in everyday. I think they avoid putting stuff too early in the morning as generally everyone is hungover anyway.

Afraid I cant give exact info as it changes every year.
exactly 3 weeks left until enrollment day guys! :biggrin:
Reply 194
Not much, a few introductory bits and pieces. You might get away with not coming in everyday. I think they avoid putting stuff too early in the morning as generally everyone is hungover anyway.

Afraid I cant give exact info as it changes every year.

when do we find out what we need to buy specifically for the course in terms of text books etc? & are their a lot of text books we have to buy..i hope its not like my sociology A level humongous text book..that'll be a pain to carry around lol
Original post by paulas
when do we find out what we need to buy specifically for the course in terms of text books etc? & are their a lot of text books we have to buy..i hope its not like my sociology A level humongous text book..that'll be a pain to carry around lol

During the first week I think. There are lots of books you Can buy but to be honest you don't have to. Some of the books are huge though. Have fun with Absolute Java. Its about 600 pages I think.
During the first week I think. There are lots of books you Can buy but to be honest you don't have to. Some of the books are huge though. Have fun with Absolute Java. Its about 600 pages I think.

600 pages, i'm already panicking!, but I guess it's got to be done. :rambo:
Reply 197
Original post by paulas

Me, I will !!! How exciting

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Perceverance
600 pages, i'm already panicking!, but I guess it's got to be done. :rambo:

I read about 14 of them and got a 90 on the module so don't worry too much :wink:
Reply 199
Hi all, I am considering to apply for an ITMB degree but I'm very unsure. Do you think they will give me an offer if I got two A's and two C's at AS level. I had the subjects English language, ICT, chemistry and biology and dropped biology. However in chemistry I was two marks off a b. also, how would you write a personal statement. Please someone help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending