The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Information Management for Business 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Maheen_94
Hi all, I am considering to apply for an ITMB degree but I'm very unsure. Do you think they will give me an offer if I got two A's and two C's at AS level. I had the subjects English language, ICT, chemistry and biology and dropped biology. However in chemistry I was two marks off a b. also, how would you write a personal statement. Please someone help!

You have pretty good grades...im sure your predicted grades will be higher than ur actual AS grades..so if ur personal statement is good...im pretty sure you will get an offer...make sure your personal statement stands out from the rest...write about any relevant voluntary work & work experience. Also try to sound passionate about how much you want to study this course & what you expect this course at ucl can deliver to you. Also include some hobbies/ extra curriculum activities to make yourself sound interesting. basically your tryna sell yourself to the uni's. hope this helps :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 201
Thank you for your help! Are you a ITMB student? If so do you enjoy the course and are there many career opportunities? 😃

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 202
Hi there, Iam planning to apply for this course in the coming year 2013. They require a C or higher in foreign language, English and Maths. However, because I was new to the country when I came in back in the day I wasnt given the option to choose my subjects... so I havn't done any foreign language but I got an A in Maths and English.

Do you think they will use this point agaisnt me ?
Iam predicted to get and A*AA from my school and my AS were decent as well. Really confused if I should apply here or not?

Thanks
Reply 203
Original post by Tanmaya
Hi there, Iam planning to apply for this course in the coming year 2013. They require a C or higher in foreign language, English and Maths. However, because I was new to the country when I came in back in the day I wasnt given the option to choose my subjects... so I havn't done any foreign language but I got an A in Maths and English.

Do you think they will use this point agaisnt me ?
Iam predicted to get and A*AA from my school and my AS were decent as well. Really confused if I should apply here or not?

Thanks

Hi the university only require you to get a C or higher in your GCSEs or equivalent. I'm sure with your predicted grades and A's in Math and English will be fine and it will not affect your application :smile:
Reply 204
Original post by Saelie
I'll PM you my answer instead :smile:

Can you please send me your personal statement as well because I am thinking of applying here. I am doing the IB Program as well with History, Economics, and English at Higher level and maths, physics, and albanian standard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending