The Student Room Group

NHS Couch to 5k - Fitness Phobes Anonymous

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ShatnavMcCoy
My boyfriend and I are doing this! We're starting week five tonight and I'm excited/terrified for 20min run at the end of the week!

I used to be super fit (I was a rower in school) but in the past few years I've fallen off track. I've put on soooo much weight and exercise just hasn't happened so my fitness level dropped to nil. Since we moved in together Mister's been going the same way (although he was never as sporty as I was) and it's made it to a kind of now or never situation.

I found the Couch to 5K while I was scouring the interweb looking for some way to ease back in to exercise and we've done it on and off for about 9 months but it was more a case of us doing one run and then not running again for another month or two so it wasn't working whatsoever.

This past month we've managed to keep going - no excuses! - and have managed the three runs per week for the past four weeks. It's been a really good program so far, at the beginning I struggled to run for 60 seconds and now I'm coping well with the 5 minute runs we're on right now. I'm still not convinced I'll make it all the way through the 20 minutes at the end of this week without a break but we'll see what Thursday brings!

You will be fine. The plan has prepared your body, you just need to keep your brain in gear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by myblueheaven339
You will be fine. The plan has prepared your body, you just need to keep your brain in gear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm hoping so, my legs are a bit dead after tonight's run. =)
Did the 20min this morning and made it the whole way through. Don't know how but it happened!
Original post by ShatnavMcCoy
Did the 20min this morning and made it the whole way through. Don't know how but it happened!

Yay well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just completed W1R3. My ankle started to hurt from about the 5th run but I hope it will be alright by Monday if I take it easy over the weekend. I feel good otherwise and am looking forward to Week 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by myblueheaven339

Thank you!

Original post by DarkMagic
Just completed W1R3. My ankle started to hurt from about the 5th run but I hope it will be alright by Monday if I take it easy over the weekend. I feel good otherwise and am looking forward to Week 2.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! I'm sure you'll be fine if you take a rest over the weekend, I've had sore bits crop up now and then but leaving a day between runs has helped me. =)
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest