The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Hookah

Is it permitted smoking (hookah smoking) in the rooms or will i have to go out or have a window open or something ? Should i bring it with me or i won't use it because of bad weather?
Reply 1
i want to know this as well
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Fire alarms are what prevent you smoking, some people put a bag over them to keep the smoke out if they're desperate. I say take it out onto a picnic table and get some buddies to join you!
Reply 3
yeah sure but when the weather is bad u can't go out... so the bag thing sounds quite good :P
Reply 4
Surely the bag would just catch alight really easily? Stick it halfway out the window?!:curious::dance:
Reply 5
If it's cold outside? can't stand next to the open window :s-smilie:
Reply 6
I heard covering the smoke alarm with a sock usually stops the fire alarm from going off :smile:
Reply 7
Just open the window when you smoke it
Original post by Hemzo
I heard covering the smoke alarm with a sock usually stops the fire alarm from going off :smile:

:tongue: the sock thing is extremely popular! Some of my friends did that: just put a sock (but a thick winter-sock one!!) over that fire alarm thingy and it doesn't go off, believe me... :cool:
Reply 9
so a sock...... thanx a lot guys :biggrin:
Reply 10
so what if it the alarm goes off? could you stop it? are they gonna evacuate the whole building because of this? looks embarrassing...
Be warned that if the alarm does go off they will evacuate the building and check each room (as it won't have been a drill) - so they'll be able to work out wuite quickly if you've been smoking. :yy:
Reply 12
Are there any decent shisha cafés in the **** hole that is Southampton??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending