Naruto Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
This week's chapter was sweet!

Spoiler

Original post by miser

Spoiler

It was kinda cool, but it seems a bit...I dunno...too glorifying. Is that the right term? We all love Naruto because he's this underdog who constantly fights back on the strength of his spirit alone, but now he's a psuedo-sage of the sixth paths in the space of a couple of chapters? I don't really buy it. It puts to shame all the progress Naruto made through pure hard work and determination earlier in the series.
Reply 1342
Original post by Hippysnake
It was kinda cool, but it seems a bit...I dunno...too glorifying. Is that the right term? We all love Naruto because he's this underdog who constantly fights back on the strength of his spirit alone, but now he's a psuedo-sage of the sixth paths in the space of a couple of chapters? I don't really buy it. It puts to shame all the progress Naruto made through pure hard work and determination earlier in the series.

Nah I don't really think so. It's his determination to bring peace after all that wins over the SO6P, that makes him a suitable inheritor for Ashura.

I'm totally fine with him and Sasuke becoming the strongest ninja in the world, or in history. That stuff can't be achieved through hard-work alone, but by winning over others to convince them to lend you their strength. That's what this series is all about.
Original post by miser
Nah I don't really think so. It's his determination to bring peace after all that wins over the SO6P, that makes him a suitable inheritor for Ashura.

I'm totally fine with him and Sasuke becoming the strongest ninja in the world, or in history. That stuff can't be achieved through hard-work alone, but by winning over others to convince them to lend you their strength. That's what this series is all about.

But in this case, he's not really 'lending strength'. He was basically killed and brought back to life infinitely stronger (ala Dragonball Z). If he was going to inevitably get the SO6P power just by desiring peace anyway, then why bother going through such intense training before? He got more of a power boost from meeting one guy than he ever did with all of his rasenshuriken/sage training etc.

I just think it's a bit of a jump, and slightly cliched that the lovable underdog has become the most powerful shinobi in the series solely due to a near death experience.

Don't get me wrong though. He looks pretty badass.
Reply 1344
But in this case, he's not really 'lending strength'. He was basically killed and brought back to life infinitely stronger (ala Dragonball Z). If he was going to inevitably get the SO6P power just by desiring peace anyway, then why bother going through such intense training before? He got more of a power boost from meeting one guy than he ever did with all of his rasenshuriken/sage training etc.

His power growth has always been exponential. Of course he was going to grow more at the end than at the beginning. I don't see that it was inevitable at all that he was going to get the SO6P's senjutsu abilities - it's a consequence of who he's become. He's become the person the whole world trusts. If he hadn't trained hard and fought to won people over before, he wouldn't be where he is now, and he wouldn't be at the forefront of the battle to save the world, getting an audience with the SO6P.

I just think it's a bit of a jump, and slightly cliched that the lovable underdog has become the most powerful shinobi in the series solely due to a near death experience.

Don't get me wrong though. He looks pretty badass.

That's a fair opinion. The jump doesn't bother me. I've always wanted him to become hugely powerful, so for me it's satisfying to see him achieve it.
Okay.... So now naruto has all the 9 tailed demons inside him?

And sasuke unlocked the rinnegan-something?

I don't know....
Reply 1346

Madara still ****s on Naruto or Saskue 1v1. My feeling is that the the tree 'talking' was the sage's mother. and he has inherited her power.
So wait, wasn't Kaguya ( a.k.a the sage of the six path's mother) more powerful than her son just by eating one fruit from the God tree? Madara just absorbed the WHOLE ****ING TREE!?!? If he's now stronger than Kaguya, and Naruto + Sasuke is about the sage's level in power or maybe a little stronger, how are they gonna beat Madara?
i think that kaguya will posses madara
Reply 1349
Original post by Danz123
So wait, wasn't Kaguya ( a.k.a the sage of the six path's mother) more powerful than her son just by eating one fruit from the God tree? Madara just absorbed the WHOLE ****ING TREE!?!? If he's now stronger than Kaguya, and Naruto + Sasuke is about the sage's level in power or maybe a little stronger, how are they gonna beat Madara?

We can only take the sage's word that she was more powerful, this is the guy who along with his brother took out the juubi and on his deathbed created the moon. I'd like to see some credentials from Kaguya before declaring it :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by miser

Spoiler

Really? I've not read for a while. Last chapter was when sakura's arm was in Naruto's torso./
Reply 1351
I'm just hoping this fight isn't ended in a friendship-style a la much of the stuff versus Obito, it's so lame. I can see the shinobi alliance helping make a spirit bomb at the end of this though.

Original post by give me info

Yeah, I'm thinking that too. Not really sure what's going on there. She's in or part of the tree or something, who knows.
Original post by Idle
We can only take the sage's word that she was more powerful, this is the guy who along with his brother took out the juubi and on his deathbed created the moon. I'd like to see some credentials from Kaguya before declaring it :tongue:

I guess, but something just tells me NaruSaku won't have as easy a fight as most may think. You'll say 'no **** sherlock' but you'd be surprised as to how many think naruto and sasuke will wipe the floor with madara...
Original post by Danz123
I guess, but something just tells me NaruSaku won't have as easy a fight as most may think. You'll say 'no **** sherlock' but you'd be surprised as to how many think naruto and sasuke will wipe the floor with madara...

Yeah, I this is will be a hard fight. I don't know how many times Madara just keeps freaking powering up!?!? I want to see Jiraya back though:frown: I just hope he comes when naruto gets ownd and gives him the power to fight on, haven't seen him for a while.
Original post by give me info

One or two things will happen.

Madara will get infinitely strong and be able to control kaguya.

Or the 10 tails will take him over and they'll have to fight the ten tailed beast.

I don't see Madara being controlled if I'm being honest. He's just too strong for that.
Who predicted the sage would show up? Who also predicted a ten tails would show up wayyyy back when?
Oh yeah baby. Can't tell if it's that Naruto is simply predictable, or if I'm just used to the "plot twists" these days.
Original post by desdemonata
Who predicted the sage would show up? Who also predicted a ten tails would show up wayyyy back when?
Oh yeah baby. Can't tell if it's that Naruto is simply predictable, or if I'm just used to the "plot twists" these days.

Spoilers sigh. But I guess it was unavoidable. I predicted this myself a while back.

The twists in Naruto are usually obvious.
Original post by RedArrow
Okay.... So now naruto has all the 9 tailed demons inside him?

And sasuke unlocked the rinnegan-something?

I don't know....

Can someone pls answer the above two questions
Reply 1358
Original post by RedArrow
Can someone pls answer the above two questions

[Indent]Yes, that is the case.[/Indent]
Original post by Zen-Ali
[Indent]Yes, that is the case.[/Indent]

And this happened because of that sage?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending