The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
why hasnt anybody mentioned colindale that areas dodgy
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Ahh Clapham's not bad, it's pretty grim but it's certainly not among the worst.

<3 Clapham
Original post by kaylafrances
bishops avenue has the most butters houses no one agree??????//

They're almost as bad as the **** you find on Mayfair.
Original post by peaceman
this is interesting why hertfordshire i thought this was a posh place?

Ha ha, after living here 17 years you realise it's not so posh :wink: people always say that.
It's just full of drugs, people in balaclavas, 'chavs', people carrying weapons. I want out of here, A.S.A.P!
Original post by .Scout.
Yeah, gotta watch out for all those posh, middle class people from Herts :|

Do you live in Hertfordshire? No? I do.
Posh, middle class people? Mainly council houses, filled with drug addicted teenagers. I think you're stereotyping Hertfordshire too much from what you've heard/been told. Sometimes seeing is believing.
Reply 65
Hoxton is pretty grim.
Reply 66
Original post by Vikki1805
Ha ha, after living here 17 years you realise it's not so posh :wink: people always say that.
It's just full of drugs, people in balaclavas, 'chavs', people carrying weapons. I want out of here, A.S.A.P!

wow i am shocked by this do you live in the part nearer london or is the whole county the same.

britain is going to the dumps sooner than i even imagined. to india i always say. :smile:
Places with many black people or chavs.
Reply 68

Ooh, gutted. I'm from Herts too and the town that I'm from is pretty posh. Full of yummy mummys and ladies who lunch. However, travel 15 mins down the road to the next town and it's Chav central. Ugh.
Reply 69
Do you live in Hertfordshire? No? I do.
Posh, middle class people? Mainly council houses, filled with drug addicted teenagers. I think you're stereotyping Hertfordshire too much from what you've heard/been told. Sometimes seeing is believing.

Jeeez, chill. I do actually live in Hertfordshire....!
Reply 70
Kensington + Chelsea
in no particular order

1. peckham (peckenarm)
2. brixton (fierce rivalry with peckham)
3. hackney
4. whitechapel
5. tottenham
6. Lower clapton road (the murder mile)
Reply 72
Original post by jas_birring
in no particular order

1. peckham (peckenarm)
2. brixton (fierce rivalry with peckham)
3. hackney
4. whitechapel
5. tottenham
6. Lower clapton road (the murder mile)

London Fields and Hoxton are worse.
Reply 73
Original post by Mujeriego
You must be an absolute wuss if you think Clapham is scary. It's teeming with those yummy mummy types and public school kids. I go to the grand station and the L'occitane branch all the time and I've seen nothing that is comparable to Hackney or Peckham in any way. Seriously. Man up.

By the "Grand Station" I assume you mean the Clapham Grand and Clapham Junction station? Both of which are in Battersea..
Reply 74
Original post by MoMatrix
London Fields and Hoxton are worse.

Believe it or not, London Fields is gradually becoming quite a trendy area. It's really not that bad.
Reply 75
Basically anywhere in the borough of Southwark is where you don't want to be hanging out alone when it gets dark, Haringey is pretty similar in those respects too.

Original post by James1977
My father's side of the family come from the CR0 originally and some now live just down the road in SE20.

I'm from next door - SE21 :biggrin:
Hands down its got to be Wealdstone
Original post by .Scout.
Jeeez, chill. I do actually live in Hertfordshire....!

I'm pretty calm thanks :smile: where abouts in Herts?
Reply 78
Original post by BackDoorEntry
Whitechapel.

You go into that endz manz will get butchered.

:teehee:
Original post by peaceman
wow i am shocked by this do you live in the part nearer london or is the whole county the same.

britain is going to the dumps sooner than i even imagined. to india i always say. :smile:

Quite close to London yes, I wouldn't tar all of Hertfordshire with the same brush, as the saying goes. :wink:
And yeah, to India!

Latest

Trending

Trending