The Student Room Group

Do Holland and Barrett TANNING PILLS actually work?

Has anyone tried H&B tanning tablets and do they actually work/are they dangerous? Sound kind of weird but tanning lotion is just so annoying and streaks... these would be SO much easier!!.. :/

Scroll to see replies

along with regular sun bed/sun exposure then yes it can speed up the tanning process but soley on their own, no.
Tanning pills? .... Really?
Reply 3
Not much luck of that then with zero sun these days :/
About as legit as the penis enlarging pills.
Reply 5
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
About as legit as the penis enlarging pills.

This. They're a complete gimmick!
Reply 6
Original post by teddybomb
This. They're a complete gimmick!

Someone isn't a satisfied customer..
Does anything from Holland and Barrett work?

If you peel away at the signs outside their shops you'll see they used to be called Placebo and Idiot.
Reply 8
Just... no.
Reply 9
Don't buy them. Please, just don't.
Realy? well no, obv not.
I wouldn't. Don't particularly want huge amounts of a random pigment sticking to my insides and forming crystals in my eyes.
Reply 12
Original post by 94_confessions
I wouldn't. Don't particularly want huge amounts of a random pigment sticking to my insides and forming crystals in my eyes.

Oh wwwoooww your sig had me laughing for agess.
Original post by w04andia
Oh wwwoooww your sig had me laughing for agess.

Hahah, me too :wink:.
I like how you used an orangey, tan colour for the writing in the OP. Nice touch.
Reply 15
Original post by TheGrandmaster
I like how you used an orangey, tan colour for the writing in the OP. Nice touch.

i was waiting for someone to notice hehe :wink:
Reply 16
Looking at it on the website, it has three ingredients PABA, copper and l-tyrosine. Doing a bit of research into the chemicals shows PABA to be a vitamin that the body doesn't recognise and won't be used, copper is essential for melanin production and l-tyrosine is used in melanin production but research shows there is no evidence that it is absorbed through the skin so tanning products for the skin won't work.

Basically, it could do you more harm that good. L-tyrosine can have bad effects on your gastrointestinal tract and numerous side effects. Also, you have to go out in the sun for it to 'potentially' work. You can't just take them then wake up the next day with a tan. If I were you, i'd just fake it.
:facepalm: Since when did these come onto the market? . . :/
Original post by Norfolkadam
Does anything from Holland and Barrett work?

If you peel away at the signs outside their shops you'll see they used to be called Placebo and Idiot.

lol

So true.
Reply 19
Original post by 1994mrj
Someone isn't a satisfied customer..

Haha :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending