The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

jan/feb time

and 13 for the multiple choice bit. u dont get a result for the essay
End of Jan apparently.. dont know why its been so long for them to mark something on the bloody pc, but anyway!!
I dont know about the average mark because now its out of 30, not 24
Reply 3
They already have our LNAT results; actually, they get the results almost instantly afer we finish doing the exam since its computerized. However, the reason they re not giving it to us early is due to a problem called "free-loading". Universities that are non-LNAT and are not paying for the LNAT have tried to ask their candidates how they faired in the LNAT last year. And this is why they hold back the results. By end of Jan, all application deadlines wouldve passed, and lots of offers would already have been given, and so the non-LNAT universities wont ask candidates how they faired. Apparently, the universities pay quite a lot to subscribe for the LNAT; and they dont want other unis taking advantage of that! :P (First hand info from an LNAT official Professor John Gardner himself)
really? Ooh i had no idea.. i mean do we have a right not to tell unis that dont require the LNAT our marks?
alexandra010588
really? Ooh i had no idea.. i mean do we have a right not to tell unis that dont require the LNAT our marks?

Of course! Though you also have a right to refuse it.
Reply 6
When we take the LNAT, we apparently say yes to a non-disclosure agreement which if I remember correctly appears on the screen before the test starts. So we're under contract by law not to divulge any info about the LNAT, especially our scores. Some universities however have been known to pressurize candidates to break this non-disclosure agreement and tell the university their LNAT score; which is undoubtedly a really dirty thing to do. Yet, it has happened!! And thats why we get the results late.
Reply 7
^ Scandalous :wtf?:
Reply 8
truly dreama....truly scandalous..
Reply 9
manthi
When we take the LNAT, we apparently say yes to a non-disclosure agreement which if I remember correctly appears on the screen before the test starts. So we're under contract by law not to divulge any info about the LNAT, especially our scores. Some universities however have been known to pressurize candidates to break this non-disclosure agreement and tell the university their LNAT score; which is undoubtedly a really dirty thing to do. Yet, it has happened!! And thats why we get the results late.

Meaning candidates are able to lie about their scores then? Cos the non-LNAT unis have no clue whatsoever...right?
Reply 10
jkwong_11
Meaning candidates are able to lie about their scores then? Cos the non-LNAT unis have no clue whatsoever...right?

Exactly what I pointed out to Professor Gardner. He admits the point, however, theyre not willing to take even the smallest risk on the matter. (sadly for us... :p: )
Reply 11
From what I know, the average i 16+ and results should come out soon. good luck!
Reply 12
aargh this waiting is killing me!!
Reply 13
Vanity
From what I know, the average i 16+

Just out of interest, how do you know that? :smile:
Reply 14
'How do I get my LNAT result?
You don't - at least not right away. If you take the test on or before 15 January 2006, you will receive an email notification of your LNAT result at the end of January 2006. If you take the test after 15 January 2006, you will receive your LNAT result at the end of June 2006.'

Should get it in the next week/10 days :frown:
Dreama
Just out of interest, how do you know that? :smile:
Maybe she's one of the omnipotent masters of the universe? :smile:
Reply 16
Like you? :wink:

Seriously, I'd be very interested in knowing how Vanity seems to be aware of the average score this year. :smile:

Jo x
I heard that they would be coming out 31st January?
Yeah we should get them this week, provided we sat them before 15th jan..! God im soooo dreading this!! Good luck to everyone xxx
Reply 19
lnat results should be out by e-mail on 31st january, and 16+ average is estimated since least year was 13/24 people have estimated 16/30 average...:redface:

Latest