The Student Room Group

One year later. Still no grant or bursary

Basically I've already missed out on my uni's bursary because student finance are ARGHIUASKJFSAKJFA

I've literally sent off divorce papers, lone parent forms, job seekers letters, tax credit t forms EVERYTHING but nothing seems to be okay? They'll ask for something I've already sent or just more and it's a year later and they're still not satisfied and still no grant!

Thing is my mum does NOT have a p60 in anyway that year and they aready told me I can send off a jobseekers letter but cleary they forgot they said that since i sent it off now they want more....so now it's not okay does anyone know or if they have sent off their parent's p45 forms instead? My mum was on jobseekers the year they ask and I've literally rang up 10000 times and no help what so ever!

p45 info please?
Reply 1
They won't accept a P45, why would they? All that shows is that you are no longer employed by that employer and how much you earned that year by working for that employer. It doesn't show how much was earned for the whole financial year which is what student finance want evidence for.
Reply 2
Try sending a "HMRC Statement of Taxable Income" - this will show all taxable income that your mother receved, from employment to benefits. You must specify the HMRC that you need the statement to show income from all sources.
Reply 3
Original post by missy22
Try sending a "HMRC Statement of Taxable Income" - this will show all taxable income that your mother receved, from employment to benefits. You must specify the HMRC that you need the statement to show income from all sources.

Hello thanks for replying. I've been googling how to request this but not sure what kind of information of my mum's that I would need to give or how to request things in order to obtain the documents.

I found this

http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kbroker/hmrc/contactus/search.ladv?raction=view&fl0=__dsid%3A&sm=0&ha=34&as=1&sf=&sp_scope=hmrc&sc=hmrc&nh=10&sr=0&cs=ISO-8859-1&tx1=&tx0=49612
Reply 4
Your mum can contact her local tax office to request one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending