The Student Room Group

Student Finance Nightmare!

So I am a bit late applying for Student Finance but anyway. Im having so much hassle with this application.

I decided to choose 'based on household income' I finally managed to get my parents to sit down and give me financial information to fill out the online form but now I can't give student finance any evidence.

My mum is a nurse but doesn't have her p60 or month 12 pay slip... great and my Dad is self employed so he doesn't have any documents that they accept as evidence.

I am just fed up now, is there an option to go back and accept 'non assessed'
There is, but you'll be missing out.

I had a similar problem. What I did was contact my local Tax Office (you can find their number through Google easy enough). I got my Mum to speak to them over the phone and request a Statement of Earnings (also called a Record of Employment, I think...) for the appropriate Tax Year. They sent it to me relatively quickly and I was able to submit that as evidence.

I advise multiple photocopies of this though, as Student Finance have the uncanny ability to lose vitally important documents on a painfully regular and reliable basis.

Hope it helps, don't give up on the grant, it could save you a lot of debt in the future!
Original post by owentho1
So I am a bit late applying for Student Finance but anyway. Im having so much hassle with this application.

I decided to choose 'based on household income' I finally managed to get my parents to sit down and give me financial information to fill out the online form but now I can't give student finance any evidence.

My mum is a nurse but doesn't have her p60 or month 12 pay slip... great and my Dad is self employed so he doesn't have any documents that they accept as evidence.

I am just fed up now, is there an option to go back and accept 'non assessed'

Your dad is self employed. He is required by law to submit annual self assessment tax returns. A copy of this is acceptable.
Your mum needs to keep all future P60s for future years' finance applications.
Reply 3
If you're a new student, SFE check the income with HMRC so you're not actually meant to send evidence until requested to do so.
Reply 4
Original post by missy22
If you're a new student, SFE check the income with HMRC so you're not actually meant to send evidence until requested to do so.

Im with student Finance Wales so maybe things are slighty different due to the Welsh Assembly Learning Grant, my application has been submitted but there saying they need evidence to process it further.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending