Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sony Vegas vs Adobe Premiere Pro?

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I want to download one and learn all the tricks of it and become good at video editing. Which one is better and why?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Adobe Premiere is easier to use for someone new to video editing and somewhat cheaper. But Vegas has more functionality, slightly more expensive and slightly harder to master, personally though? I use Vegas you'll just have to do a lot of online tutorials before being able to go Solo on it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really like Sony Vegas. On my Mac I've got Final Cut, which I guess is a technically better program, but I'd still rather be using Vegas.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I used sony vegas to produce a 20 minute film and I figured it all out pretty much on my own, it's self-explanatory if you've used a movie editor before (like windows movie maker)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sony Vegas, hands down. I find it a lot easier to use then Premiere, since the navigation and layout is a lot clearer. Masking is the best editing tool!
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    The 'Pro' in Premiere Pro should give away its target audience. Vegas is more aimed at consumers, so it's easier to get into and can be a bit more intuitive to use. Premiere is by far the most powerful though, especially if you couple it with After Effects (and to a lesser extent, Encore, OnLocation, Illustrator and Photoshop - if you can afford all that lot :p:). FCP is the industry standard, but since it's Mac only, that's a bit of a non-starter if you're a Windows user.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    The 'Pro' in Premiere Pro should give away its target audience.
    except that sony vegas is actually called sony vegas pro
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I prefer sony vegas, premiere is so complicated. THat's for experienced user.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I got Sony Vegas Pro 10 and Adobe Premiere Pro for free

However,

Final Cut Pro > SVP + APP
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Sony Vegas over Premiere pro but I have used both. Vegas is much easier to use and I find the render quality is better that premiere even when they are set on the same settings.

I got both for free from my mate the internet.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott1541)
    I prefer Sony Vegas over Premiere pro but I have used both. Vegas is much easier to use and I find the render quality is better that premiere even when they are set on the same settings.

I got both for free from my mate the internet.
    Premiere doesn't render files, that's done by Adobe Media Encoder. :pierre:
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Vegas because I got it illegally :smug: couldn't work out how to get Adobe premiere for free...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've only used Vegas, but it's really easy to use, has a good interface and lots of useful features

and you can easily encode for YouTube and the like really well
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've used Vegas and found everything quite self-explanatory, so another vote for Sony Vegas!

My bro is learning Adobe After Effect, everything is much more advance and complicated (of course) than Vegas but what you can produce can be of utterly awesome!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhanoo)
    My bro is learning Adobe After Effect, everything is much more advance and complicated (of course) than Vegas but what you can produce can be of utterly awesome!
    That's because it's not mainly for effects and not much n.l.e

Anyway I vote Vegas, I stumbled into it and found it sooo much better than Premiere Pro. Navigating through the timeline, cutting videos and transitioning them together. Easy peasy.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Premiere doesn't render files, that's done by Adobe Media Encoder. :pierre:
    Did you really have to go and point that out?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive had both, Sony Vegas all the way
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pride)
    Vegas because I got it illegally :smug: couldn't work out how to get Adobe premiere for free...
    If you couldnt figure out how to copy paste some dll's, its for the best that you didnt install it anyway.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    vegas & after effects.

final cut pro is good to, or so i've heard.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    If you couldnt figure out how to copy paste some dll's, its for the best that you didnt install it anyway.
    lol it's not as easy as it looks this stuff you know...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 20, 2011
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.