The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE ICT exam 16th June (New Specification)

Did anyone do this exam today? Thoughts?

Personally, I thought it was quite easy when compared with the specimen paper that was released. Considering it's the first time this GCSE has been done will ground boundaries be quite lax?
Although I messed up a 'discuss' question quite badly. I only wrote about advantages when I should have included disadvantages but hopefully it won't matter too much.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
i took the paper in january 2011, and everyone in my class got between a D and an E, i was the only one that got a high grade, i got 47/60. Considering this, and how clever some of the people were in the exam, id say you shouldnt aim high, because it was extremley difficult to pull of an A *. I retook it today, and im hoping to do better than last time. I think i messed up the spreadsheet modeling question, and the last one on the data protection act, as i could only remember around 6 points, so i dont think it was too hard, but the marking is really harsh.
Reply 2
Original post by outsider95
i took the paper in january 2011, and everyone in my class got between a D and an E, i was the only one that got a high grade, i got 47/60. Considering this, and how clever some of the people were in the exam, id say you shouldnt aim high, because it was extremley difficult to pull of an A *. I retook it today, and im hoping to do better than last time. I think i messed up the spreadsheet modeling question, and the last one on the data protection act, as i could only remember around 6 points, so i dont think it was too hard, but the marking is really harsh.

Really? :/
On the last question I listed 4 and explained them thoroughly, would that be okay?
Reply 3
that would probably get you the 7/8 marks, yeah. The whole point of the 8 marks is to discuss it, with your written communication being tested. as long as it was developed, punctuation was good and your writing was of a high standard you should be fine
Reply 4
What did you guys put for the ''three strategies for to implement the system'' ?
I put parallel, phased and direct implementation, is that right??
Reply 5
are you sure we did the same exam?
Reply 6
..no idea haha. Well, my exam was today and it is OCR, so I assume it is???
Reply 7
there was no question in mine about implementing systems. What was the last question on yours?
Reply 8
Wait, actually. It may be the same exam, but different papers?
I did Paper 1 the day before yesterday and Paper 3 today?
So you may have done Paper 2 or something..
I can't exactly remember what was the last question... Yours?
Reply 9
we didnt do the same exam. lol
Reply 10
Oh i see.. LOL. Take it as you did Paper 2?
Reply 11
no, im doing a completely different specification
what did u lot get for that spreadsheet one, where it askes how he can increase his profits?
Reply 13
I wrote something about Using a chart so he can clearly see which products are making him more money, he can use formulas to find out the profits in each and then something else, I did terrible in that question though
Yh i wrote the same, n i think i did crap on that to, hope to God i get a gd mark in this, first paper i got D, i didnt revise the right things for this paper, but it was kind of general more than anything
Reply 15
in this paper if you ask me a D was probably around the average grade. I was the only person to get a high pass in my entire class, and even then i only got 47/60. Its a really harshly marked exam, i doubt anyone can pull of an A* easily.
Reply 16
Original post by Katickle
Did anyone do this exam today? Thoughts?

Personally, I thought it was quite easy when compared with the specimen paper that was released. Considering it's the first time this GCSE has been done will ground boundaries be quite lax?
Although I messed up a 'discuss' question quite badly. I only wrote about advantages when I should have included disadvantages but hopefully it won't matter too much.

So, how did you do in the exam in the end?
Reply 17
So, how did you do in the exam in the end?

I got a C...eeek! Nobody in my class got higher than a B so everyone but one person it resitting. I thought I was writing the right things but obviously not! :colondollar:
Reply 18
in this paper if you ask me a D was probably around the average grade. I was the only person to get a high pass in my entire class, and even then i only got 47/60. Its a really harshly marked exam, i doubt anyone can pull of an A* easily.

Hey :smile:
Just wondering how everyone thought of the exam in the end?
Just so we're all talking about the right one...the last question was about the DPA :tongue:
I somehow got full marks 60Ums, which is really weird because i'm sure they must have marked this wrong? I'm not complaining tho lol
For that last question...did you have to write about 8 laws? i only mentioned 4 and got ful marks for it. :smile: Dunno how..
Also, any one doing the B062/4 controlled assessment? how's everyone doing in it? :biggrin: Good luck btw

Quick Reply