-Religious Studies AS ,
-Psychology A2

I have already:
-History A2
-English Lit AS ,
-Critical Thinking AS,
-General Studies AS
-Law AS

I am having to change subjects as me and my family are moving . The sixth form I am moving to do not do English Lit and Law as I would have taken Psychology A2 , English Lit A2 and Law A2 [. I am going to self teach A2 Law. /B]
(edited 12 years ago)
What do you want to do after A levels?
Reply 2
Please Help
anyone?
Is anyone out there?
Reply 3
Original post by mirandaandhector
What do you want to do after A levels?

Law - Solictor or barrister
or
Psychologist
Would probably say psychology A2, then ASEnglish Lang & Lit or AS Religious studies - depends how much crossover there is between your AS Literature, as you may just be wasting your time, but I also expect there is a fair amut of variation across exam boards over Religious Studies
Reply 5
I would give Religious Studies a go.. is it Philosophy and Ethics? I did Philosophy and Hinduism, but it's a really good A-level and apparently considered very academic.
Reply 6
Original post by mirandaandhector
Would probably say psychology A2, then ASEnglish Lang & Lit or AS Religious studies - depends how much crossover there is between your AS Literature, as you may just be wasting your time, but I also expect there is a fair amut of variation across exam boards over Religious Studies

My new sixth form stated that I have to take 2 or 3 AS levels along with A2 Psychology so I'm wondering whether the options I have picked are acceptable.
The new sixth form also has A levels like sociology and Government&Politics.
Reply 7
Original post by VictoriaG
I would give Religious Studies a go.. is it Philosophy and Ethics? I did Philosophy and Hinduism, but it's a really good A-level and apparently considered very academic.

I think it contains both philosophy and ethics as well as a religion .

They also offer Philosophy on it's own.
Reply 8
Would Drama A level be acceptable ?
Original post by popcorn87
Hi there ,

I would like some opinions/advice on taking these A levels -
-English Lang & Lit AS ,
-Drama and Theatre Studies AS ,
-Religious Studies AS ,
-Psychology A2

I have already:
-History A2
-English Lit AS ,
-Critical Thinking AS,
-General Studies AS
-Law AS

I am having to change subjects as me and my family are moving . The sixth form I am moving to do not do English Lit and Law as I would have taken Psychology A2 , English Lit A2 and Law A2 [. I am going to self teach A2 Law. /B]

Don't take Drama and Theatre studies if you want to go to Oxford/Cambridge or any other university that has a 'black-list' of subjects :smile: as I know someone who was turned down from Oxford as they didn't see Geography as a valid A-level!!

On the other hand its up to you :smile: we can only give advice! I personally would think Drama and Theatre studies would be an interesting choice as I love drama and the theatre :smile:
I think though for law most unis aren't bothered (and don't like you to have done law before hand) as long as you have at least one essay based subject. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Charlottie93
Don't take Drama and Theatre studies if you want to go to Oxford/Cambridge or any other university that has a 'black-list' of subjects :smile: as I know someone who was turned down from Oxford as they didn't see Geography as a valid A-level!!

On the other hand its up to you :smile: we can only give advice! I personally would think Drama and Theatre studies would be an interesting choice as I love drama and the theatre :smile:
I think though for law most unis aren't bothered (and don't like you to have done law before hand) as long as you have at least one essay based subject. :smile:

Would having a lisp and stuggling to get the words out that you want to say (occasionally) affect grades in Drama?
Would having a lisp and stuggling to get the words out that you want to say (occasionally) affect grades in Drama?

It might in a exam piece, but I would just pick something that you know you're going to be able to say!

I know some of the girls that took drama at my college and they had to write there own scripts to perform in for there exams so I don't think it would be too much of a problem (and I suppose if its really bad you could make you're character have a lisp and then that would mean you weren't worrying) :smile:

If you want to take it, then go for it don't let your lisp or anyone else put you off it's your life and your future at the end of the day!!
Reply 12
Original post by Charlottie93
It might in a exam piece, but I would just pick something that you know you're going to be able to say!

I know some of the girls that took drama at my college and they had to write there own scripts to perform in for there exams so I don't think it would be too much of a problem (and I suppose if its really bad you could make you're character have a lisp and then that would mean you weren't worrying) :smile:

If you want to take it, then go for it don't let your lisp or anyone else put you off it's your life and your future at the end of the day!!

For A2 you write your own script, for AS you perform a 'proper' play. As for how much it would affect it, it depends how bad it is and whether it would get in the way of your characterisation I suppose. I think if it's mild like you say though it shouldn't be a big problem.
Original post by Folie
For A2 you write your own script, for AS you perform a 'proper' play. As for how much it would affect it, it depends how bad it is and whether it would get in the way of your characterisation I suppose. I think if it's mild like you say though it shouldn't be a big problem.

Well the girls I'm at college with are only in AS but I'm not sure if our college started it early and are letting them work on it over summer, I just remember reading there script ideas! lol :smile:
Reply 14
I hate to add, but the teacher can really make a difference to the course. Have you been to the school and met anyone who you could ask what the most enjoyable classes are?
Reply 15
Original post by VictoriaG
I hate to add, but the teacher can really make a difference to the course. Have you been to the school and met anyone who you could ask what the most enjoyable classes are?

No , not yet however from the exam results last year 80% in my chosen subjects are A-C grades.
I think it contains both philosophy and ethics as well as a religion .

They also offer Philosophy on it's own.

Philosophy on itsown is harder but generally more highly regarded, and I have found it very interesting - you may also get to study some philosophy of the mind, whch would potentially be relevant to your chosen career path.

I would also be careful with drama, as some unis will view it as a "soft" subject, so it may not be helpful in that respect

Quick Reply

Latest