The Student Room Group
Original post by SirMasterKey
Do people think that if Spurs do finish 5th and Redknapp becomes England manager that there might be an exodus from Spurs?

As much as I'd love to see Bale and Modric play for us, I just can't see it happening really.

As ha been said before:
De Gea
Valencia Vidic Ferdinand Bale
Fletcher Carrick
Young Modric Nani
Rooney

:coma::coma::coma::coma::coma::coma::coma::coma:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Welsh Leprecaun
As ha been said before:
De Gea
Valencia Vidic Ferdinand Bale
Fletcher Carrick
Young Modric Nani
Rooney

:coma::coma::coma::coma::coma::coma::coma::coma:

Valencia over Rafael?

Although what a line up that would be. :moon:
Original post by SirMasterKey
Valencia over Rafael?

Although what a line up that would be. :moon:

Lets see how Barca fare against all that :smug:

Lol they'd still have us tbh
Original post by white_haired_wizard
Lads, have you got any book recommendations??

I've read quite a few United autobiographies and biographies over the years and some generic football books, most recently 'Why England lose and other curious phenomena' which I thought was a bit dull and for stattos to whack off over. Not for me.

Any recommendations?? I need a good hearty football book to read, it can be a United-based book or a general football book...

Already read: Scholes, G.Nev, Becks, Giggs, Schmikes, Cantona, Charlton, Ferguson, Stam, Rooney, probably a few others too.

Some I've enjoyed:

Back From The Brink - Paul McGrath: Up there with Keane's in my fav United autobiographies, just an incredible story. I have a very short attention span but I couldn't put this book down.
The Ball Is Round - David Goldblatt: 990ish pages, long read but there are some interesting chapters, it is truly a history of the game - from how the game started to the role of the media, covers all the continents. Probably the most complete football book around, even though a bit dull at times.
A Season With Verona - Tim Parks: A great book about following a football team, hard to believe a genuine football fan wouldn't enjoy this. Parks follows Verona over a course of a season but makes you understand how Italians view football. Verona is a good team at the time (2000/2001 season), on paper at least - Martin Laursen, Gilardino, Adrian Mutu, Massimo Oddo, Mauro Camoranesi, Domenico Morfeo all there. Parks gets very close, even travelling with the team.
The Italian Job - Vialli and Marcotti: Looks at the differences between Italian and English football in just about every aspect, I guess it goes a bit beyond that, too. Includes views on the top European managers - SAF, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Wenger - on various topics with Vialli drawing in on his playing and managerial experiences, a very thoughtful book.
Calcio - John Foot: The most complete book on Italian football, it just has everything from the best managers, the best defenders, playmakers and strikers, great teams, match-fixing scandals, the English flops, etc! I guess it depends if you are into Italian football, if you watched it on Channel 4 in the l1990s/2000s you should find this very enjoyable.

Yeah, as Kenan and Kel said, probably still get beat although if all that team were up for it at least we'd put up a decent fight for it, unlike in the two finals.

Original post by white_haired_wizard
Lads, have you got any book recommendations??

I've read quite a few United autobiographies and biographies over the years and some generic football books, most recently 'Why England lose and other curious phenomena' which I thought was a bit dull and for stattos to whack off over. Not for me.

Any recommendations?? I need a good hearty football book to read, it can be a United-based book or a general football book...

Already read: Scholes, G.Nev, Becks, Giggs, Schmikes, Cantona, Charlton, Ferguson, Stam, Rooney, probably a few others too.

Some of the ref's autobiographies perhaps? Poll and Collina(sp)? My dad enjoyed them (but then again, he was a ref himself and is an instructor now).
I think you guys are taking my line-up and Barca boast a little too seriously....
I think you guys are taking my line-up and Barca boast a little too seriously....

Probably but have belief, in a few seasons time we'll be beating them as easy as they've beaten us recently. :cool:
If anyone is awake : http://www.livestream.com/dallascup

Link to legal dallas cup approved stream to reserves v FC Dallas

35 minutes in, 1-0 to united

Commenbtary is terrible and so is the quality but oh well
Original post by Tommyjw
If anyone is awake : http://www.livestream.com/dallascup

Link to legal dallas cup approved stream to reserves v FC Dallas

35 minutes in, 1-0 to united

Commenbtary is terrible and so is the quality but oh well

Who's playing?
Wow, the commentary really is awful
Who's playing?

Cole Larnell
Coll Joseph
Ekangamene Charni
Fornasier Michele
Frederic Veseli
Fryers Ezekiel
Giverin Luke
Hendrie Luke
Johnstone Samuel
Keane Michael
Keane William
Lingard Jesse
Massacci Alberto
Thorpe Thomas
Tunnicliffe Ryan

Copied from Redcafe
Original post by Tommyjw
Cole Larnell
Coll Joseph
Ekangamene Charni
Fornasier Michele
Frederic Veseli
Fryers Ezekiel
Giverin Luke
Hendrie Luke
Johnstone Samuel
Keane Michael
Keane William
Lingard Jesse
Massacci Alberto
Thorpe Thomas
Tunnicliffe Ryan

Copied from Redcafe

thanks
Wow, the commentary really is awful

'Maaan Yooo'
Original post by Mastermind`
Some I've enjoyed:

Back From The Brink - Paul McGrath: Up there with Keane's in my fav United autobiographies, just an incredible story. I have a very short attention span but I couldn't put this book down.
The Ball Is Round - David Goldblatt: 990ish pages, long read but there are some interesting chapters, it is truly a history of the game - from how the game started to the role of the media, covers all the continents. Probably the most complete football book around, even though a bit dull at times.
A Season With Verona - Tim Parks: A great book about following a football team, hard to believe a genuine football fan wouldn't enjoy this. Parks follows Verona over a course of a season but makes you understand how Italians view football. Verona is a good team at the time (2000/2001 season), on paper at least - Martin Laursen, Gilardino, Adrian Mutu, Massimo Oddo, Mauro Camoranesi, Domenico Morfeo all there. Parks gets very close, even travelling with the team.
The Italian Job - Vialli and Marcotti: Looks at the differences between Italian and English football in just about every aspect, I guess it goes a bit beyond that, too. Includes views on the top European managers - SAF, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Wenger - on various topics with Vialli drawing in on his playing and managerial experiences, a very thoughtful book.
Calcio - John Foot: The most complete book on Italian football, it just has everything from the best managers, the best defenders, playmakers and strikers, great teams, match-fixing scandals, the English flops, etc! I guess it depends if you are into Italian football, if you watched it on Channel 4 in the l1990s/2000s you should find this very enjoyable.

Thanks for that list and to the others posting suggestions.

I've read McGrath but not Andy Cole, The Lost Babes, The Italian Job, or books by Poll and Collina. Think I'll try and find library books for Andy Cole and Collina first of all.

Cheers.
Andy Cole's book doesn't seem to be in the catalogue at all. I've reserved Dwight Yorke's book, hopefully it's not all about Jordan. Also reserved the book by Vialli and Marcotti. Wouldn't be able to bring myself to read a book by Graham Poll. Collina's book is also nowhere to be seen in the library catalogue, piss poor state of affairs really. Would have expected his book to be in the collection at some local library...

Anyway, here's hoping for 3 points tonight, although I wouldn't bank on it.
Reply 9936
Would love it if we were to win the league and all our players wore a t-shirt saying 'Why always us' :moon:
Original post by Akkuz
Would love it if we were to win the league and all our players wore a t-shirt saying 'Why always us' :moon:

I'd rather "Of course it's us" :wink:
Martin Laurence @martinlaurence7
Premier League minutes per goal (5+ goals): Berbatov (69mins), PD Cisse (72mins), Balotelli (94mins), Rooney (103mins), van Persie (104mins)

Not a bad stat

A note also made that was when only looking when Rooney is in a FW position it becomes 88 minutes
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
Martin Laurence @martinlaurence7
Premier League minutes per goal (5+ goals): Berbatov (69mins), PD Cisse (72mins), Balotelli (94mins), Rooney (103mins), van Persie (104mins)

Not a bad stat

A note also made that was when only looking when Rooney is in a FW position it becomes 88 minutes

It becomes even more impressive when you look at the level of opposition hes scored against. Consistent big game player this season.

In other news, Kevin Strootman, genuine potential or a poor mans Martinez/Gotze? His age, price and role in PSV/Dutch team suggests he could be good value.

Latest