The Student Room Group

Aqa gcse ict 16/06/2011

hey guys, how did you find it, i realized there were 2 mistakes in the paper, typical of aqa,
the first was that only one field was a number field, the rest were currency or blank
the second was that there was no other form os back up memory, RAM can't be used, and the ext/int hard drives were already mentioned, the DVD drive is not a back up, it is a dvd that is the back up, the drive is just the part of the computer that turns the disc etc....
Reply 1
The standard of questions was appalling. The spell check one was a very poor question as well - it asked you to tick the two boxes next to the two spelling/grammar errors which would NOT be picked up by Word.

All of them would have been.... Unless they were referring to an older version of Word. My Word 2010 would have picked up all of their errors. What did they expect us to do?!
Reply 2
Original post by TSRWARDENS
hey guys, how did you find it, i realized there were 2 mistakes in the paper, typical of aqa,
the first was that only one field was a number field, the rest were currency or blank
the second was that there was no other form os back up memory, RAM can't be used, and the ext/int hard drives were already mentioned, the DVD drive is not a back up, it is a dvd that is the back up, the drive is just the part of the computer that turns the disc etc....

there was a typo in one question as well, the question abvout os's and applications

Recently applications will always will run on all Operating Systems

Or something like that... and i think this one with the typo was the correct answer
Reply 3
We should complain about this... it really isn't good enough. I'm going to see my IT teacher about it tomorrow.
Reply 4
Original post by pilotjack
The standard of questions was appalling. The spell check one was a very poor question as well - it asked you to tick the two boxes next to the two spelling/grammar errors which would NOT be picked up by Word.

All of them would have been.... Unless they were referring to an older version of Word. My Word 2010 would have picked up all of their errors. What did they expect us to do?!

What question was that :confused:

Or was it on the Short Course Paper??
Reply 5
We should complain about this... it really isn't good enough. I'm going to see my IT teacher about it tomorrow.

i went to my ict teacher to complain... but he didn't seem to care

i mean why would he! it took him a year to mark the whole classes task 1 bsa!:eek:
Reply 6
Original post by KoalaKim
there was a typo in one question as well, the question abvout os's and applications

Recently applications will always will run on all Operating Systems

Or something like that... and i think this one with the typo was the correct answer

was that the first box ?
overall, i thought it was quite hard :/
are there any where we can get answers from?
Reply 7
Original post by MairaY
was that the first box ?
overall, i thought it was quite hard :/
are there any where we can get answers from?

i think it was the middle box :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by KoalaKim
i went to my ict teacher to complain... but he didn't seem to care

i mean why would he! it took him a year to mark the whole classes task 1 bsa!:eek:

I spoke to my IT teachers today and they agree so they are going to contact AQA. But at the end of the day, the exam boards hold all the cards, so unless some other centres complain then nothing will be done. Could you ask your IT teacher to contact AQA as well to get this rectified? The problem is the grade boundaries are only about 5 marks apart. So AQA's appalling questions could result in me, you and others getting the grade below what we are aiming for.

I really hope something is done about this because it isn't good enough. If nothing happens then I am going to contact them myself and ask for an explanation.

Jack.
Reply 9
I spoke to my IT teachers today and they agree so they are going to contact AQA. But at the end of the day, the exam boards hold all the cards, so unless some other centres complain then nothing will be done. Could you ask your IT teacher to contact AQA as well to get this rectified? The problem is the grade boundaries are only about 5 marks apart. So AQA's appalling questions could result in me, you and others getting the grade below what we are aiming for.

I really hope something is done about this because it isn't good enough. If nothing happens then I am going to contact them myself and ask for an explanation.

Jack.

you should email them a complaint

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending