The Student Room Group

Quick question

Next year, I'm attending sixth form and I have a few questions...

Do you guys think I should begin to just read a few textbooks to get a headstart?

Also, I have a dilemna with a few issues. I'm not really sure whether I should stay here in my secondary sixth form with a smaller class or should I move on to another sixth?

My teacher also wants me to attend reading sessions to prepare for AS. Do you guys think I should go? I'm thinking, I have absolutely no reason on why I should go?

Any responses are appreciated.
Reply 1
I don't think you should concentrate on getting used to your courses and reading a few textbooks on them - enjoy your summer of course, your going to have a lot of it, so try to use this time. Maybe you can only do a bit of reading, but I think this is only just to see how the courses will be like, not really reading to be ahead of people.

I think that the place you want to go should be up to you - remember your going to spend two years there at least, and if you don't like it, then you maybe will drop out and have more problems.

I wouldn't really go to extra classes to prepare for AS - see how it goes, and if you want to have extra lessons - support lessons, then you can.

But I would enjoy the summer and forget about school/college until near the results day.
Reply 2
We're getting lots of this question today actually. I'd say use the time to relax, it's not a necessity to spend summer getting a "headstart", if you do choose to, let it be because you enjoy extra revision not because you need to...

Quick Reply