The Student Room Group

Please advise - MBA

I graduated in 2009 and it was a part time bachelor course in management studies from Hong Kong with second lower division honours, and my GPA is around 2.3-2.4 I forgot. I am 30 years old now and was working in bank as a financial advisor in HK. To be honest, I don't have any management experience, my job nature is just a sales, so do you think the universities in UK will accept me in MBA?

With my academic and working background, which school can I apply around London or essex? Full time 1 year course would be great.

Thank you so much for your help :smile:
Original post by lovepoodle
I graduated in 2009 and it was a part time bachelor course in management studies from Hong Kong with second lower division honours, and my GPA is around 2.3-2.4 I forgot. I am 30 years old now and was working in bank as a financial advisor in HK. To be honest, I don't have any management experience, my job nature is just a sales, so do you think the universities in UK will accept me in MBA?

With my academic and working background, which school can I apply around London or essex? Full time 1 year course would be great.

Thank you so much for your help :smile:

You need to be cautious. Yes, there are universities that will accept you. However, you have to be certain that the costs you have to pay to attend those courses will be recouped in the future(unless you are doing this for altruistic purposes). So will the quality of the teaching and what you learn, combined with the reputation of the university, increase your earning potential by an acceptable amount. Frankly, it's very unlikely, market forces are at work. But you are the final judge of that.
Reply 2
So, which uni do you think they will accept 2.2 student like me? Around London or Essex, what do you think?

Thanks alot
Reply 3
Original post by lovepoodle
So, which uni do you think they will accept 2.2 student like me? Around London or Essex, what do you think?

Thanks alot

Lots of universities will. They're more than happy to take your £20,000.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending