The Student Room Group

EU/International students applying for tuition fee loan

Hi, just wondering if anyone that's a EU or international student has applied for tuition fee loan in the UK yet? The reason I'm wondering is because we need to send in evidence of identity and my question is: do you send in your actual passport or do you send in a certified photocopy? The only info I've found says you need to send in your passport.. I really hope they send it back with a tracking number?

What did you do?
Reply 1
Original post by sarahsweden
Hi, just wondering if anyone that's a EU or international student has applied for tuition fee loan in the UK yet? The reason I'm wondering is because we need to send in evidence of identity and my question is: do you send in your actual passport or do you send in a certified photocopy? The only info I've found says you need to send in your passport.. I really hope they send it back with a tracking number?

What did you do?

Only an EU student can apply for the tution fee loan, international students cant
Reply 2
You can send the original or a certified copy of your national identity card (as long as it proves your nationality) or passport. If you send a copy then it needs to be stamped and certified by either: minister of religion, doctor, lawyer, teacher/lecturer, police officer or other professional person. The person certifying needs to include their name, address, job title And contact telephone number.

Quick Reply