The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anonymous
Picture this: you're a guy, walking a girl (a new friend) home along a fairly featureless main road. Its a dark winter night. She keeps going off ahead of you because shes in her own world (and doesnt hear you because she has her mp3 player on with headphones). Is it patronising if I'm demonstrating my concern at her walking off?

She said afterwards "I can look after myself".

Not Patronising no, but if she insists on being on her own then let her do so.
Reply 41
Anonymous
That's the one.

Ah, well. I guess it doesn't matter at all then, but if you still want a definitive answer, I reckon she just wanted some alone time or maybe the conversation wasn't as freely flowing as she had desired.
Anonymous
Eh? :confused:

its their new album :biggrin:
The cemeteries are full of girls who kept going ahead of their male friends, along fairly featureless main roads, on cold Winter nights, depressingly; sounds like fairly admirable behaviour, to me. I'd want to do the same, were it very late at night and quiet.

Was alcohol in the equation, by any chance? I'm assuming not, being as you haven't mentioned it, but it'd be a perfectly plausible explanation, were it to have been.
Reply 44
Anonymous
Picture this: you're a guy, walking a girl (a new friend) home along a fairly featureless main road. Its a dark winter night. She keeps going off ahead of you because shes in her own world (and doesnt hear you because she has her mp3 player on with headphones). Is it patronising if I'm demonstrating my concern at her walking off?

She said afterwards "I can look after myself".

Take the hint, and leave her be.
shes either pissed off at you or she doesnt like you that way (finds you annoying)
Reply 46
dyslexic_banana
The cemeteries are full of girls who kept going ahead of their male friends, along fairly featureless main roads

not really... she's more likely to die crossing a road than murdered by a psycho killer. Are you suggesting that he should never let her cross the road without someone holding her hand?

Latest

Trending

Trending