The Student Room Group

What does this mean?

Minimum points required from qualifications with the volume and depth of A level or equivalent: 220
it means you can have points from A levels (which are really hard)
or you could have the same number of points from a different qualification which is equally as hard and goes into as much depth as an A level qualification
Reply 2
You will need atleast 220 UCAS points for said course, which can be gained through A-Level results or equivalent (e.g. BTEC).
Reply 3
It's talking about UCAS points. Each qualification is worth a number of points, and when totalled it says you need 220 or higher. I think this is the equivalent of BBB at A level? I didn't take A levels so I'm not sure.
Original post by whattheheck
Minimum points required from qualifications with the volume and depth of A level or equivalent: 220

It means you need 220 UCAS points, which is CCD at A2. http://www.ucas.com/students/ucas_tariff/tarifftables/
Reply 5
The entry requirements are 300 UCAS points. Thats 3 B's. Then underneath it says that. Does that mean you can get accepted on the course for 220 instead?
Reply 6
Adverb: To the degree or extent indicated: "they can't handle a job this big".
Reply 7
Original post by whattheheck
The entry requirements are 300 UCAS points. Thats 3 B's. Then underneath it says that. Does that mean you can get accepted on the course for 220 instead?
No. It means that you could get only 220 points from your A levels, provided you've got 80 from AS levels and any other accepted qualifications to make up the total. You need to check with the uni what they will accept (just because a qualification is in the tariff tables doesn't mean the uni accepts it towards a points offer) if you aren't sure. Remember that you can only count AS levels that you didn't take on to A2.

Quick Reply

Latest