The Student Room Group

ICT OCR GO64 23RD June 2011

Hows revision going? Looking forward to the exam next week?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My teachers don't know how to teach the theory side of this course. I've been studying it all my self. Luckily I have a week to revise it all till the exam.

How are you finding the theory? I literally know nothing...
Reply 2
Original post by Zionic
My teachers don't know how to teach the theory side of this course. I've been studying it all my self. Luckily I have a week to revise it all till the exam.

How are you finding the theory? I literally know nothing...

Yeah same, my teachers are absolutely pointless in teaching so I've learnt the whole of it myself. I'm doing the chapters slowly, got the last chapter to revise by next thursday and then do past papers and off to go! I really want an A/A* in this!
Reply 3
Original post by Kabbykay
Yeah same, my teachers are absolutely pointless in teaching so I've learnt the whole of it myself. I'm doing the chapters slowly, got the last chapter to revise by next thursday and then do past papers and off to go! I really want an A/A* in this!

I've only got a week to learn it all myself lol.

I bought this book off of amazon to revise from, hopefully should learn most of it all.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Information-Communication-Technology-Revision-Guide/dp/144411123X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308337194&sr=8-2

The exam will be a real contrast to my previous ones. This one has loads of 4 marks and 5 marks, my last 3 exams had 15 markes, 45 marks and 60 marks lol. :smile:

Good luck with your exam, hope you do well. :smile: I'm hoping for a minimum of a C overall in the topic. I got a B in the coursework last year, D in theor, no idea for this year, just need 300 points for uni! :eek:

Good luck! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Zionic
I've only got a week to learn it all myself lol.

I bought this book off of amazon to revise from, hopefully should learn most of it all.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Information-Communication-Technology-Revision-Guide/dp/144411123X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308337194&sr=8-2

The exam will be a real contrast to my previous ones. This one has loads of 4 marks and 5 marks, my last 3 exams had 15 markes, 45 marks and 60 marks lol. :smile:

Good luck with your exam, hope you do well. :smile: I'm hoping for a minimum of a C overall in the topic. I got a B in the coursework last year, D in theor, no idea for this year, just need 300 points for uni! :eek:

Good luck! :biggrin:

Lol I bought that book off amazon aswell! But I'm using both lol. And thankyou, good luck too :smile: Just get revising - do loads of allnighters everyday so that you wont need to be cramming on the day/day before lol thats what I'm doing. And oh cool, what you studying for uni? Please dont stay ICT ;p
Reply 5
Lol I bought that book off amazon aswell! But I'm using both lol. And thankyou, good luck too :smile: Just get revising - do loads of allnighters everyday so that you wont need to be cramming on the day/day before lol thats what I'm doing. And oh cool, what you studying for uni? Please dont stay ICT ;p

My plan is this:
Saturday: System Life Cycle, Designing computer based info systems
Sunday: Network and communications, Applications of ICT.
Monday: Implementing Computer based info systems, implications of ICT.
Tuesday: Basic revision over all of it, past papers.
Wednesday: Cramming revision, more past papers, praying to every God and some made up ones. :tongue:

And I'm doing ICT. :smile:

Joking lol. :biggrin: I'm hoping to do History and Politics at Winchester, grades pending of course lol. :smile:

What are you hoping to do? :smile:
Reply 6
Im worried about this exam haven't had much time for theory in the lesson and have an exam on tuesday so can't even spend from today revising :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by Zionic
My plan is this:
Saturday: System Life Cycle, Designing computer based info systems
Sunday: Network and communications, Applications of ICT.
Monday: Implementing Computer based info systems, implications of ICT.
Tuesday: Basic revision over all of it, past papers.
Wednesday: Cramming revision, more past papers, praying to every God and some made up ones. :tongue:

And I'm doing ICT. :smile:

Joking lol. :biggrin: I'm hoping to do History and Politics at Winchester, grades pending of course lol. :smile:

What are you hoping to do? :smile:

Souns like a good plan, hope you stick to it! ;D
And loool, oh wow you actually got me for a second! But cool, nice course :smile: I'm doing maths with accounting and finance hopefully at Queen Mary :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Bexxeh
Im worried about this exam haven't had much time for theory in the lesson and have an exam on tuesday so can't even spend from today revising :frown:

Eeeek, you got the accounting exam on tues? I've got chemistry on friday so I'll have to juggle with both aswell. Just do as much as you can :smile:
Reply 9
Also does anyone have the Jan 11 paper?
Reply 10
Eeeek, you got the accounting exam on tues? I've got chemistry on friday so I'll have to juggle with both aswell. Just do as much as you can :smile:

Nah psychology so that shouldn't take up to much revision but yea i think i'm just gonna go for it on Tuesday night/ Wednesday and try and learn some the bits i'm a bit dodgy on.

Its that new developments in hardware and software that's worrying me the most :frown:
Reply 11
Souns like a good plan, hope you stick to it! ;D
And loool, oh wow you actually got me for a second! But cool, nice course :smile: I'm doing maths with accounting and finance hopefully at Queen Mary :smile:

I'm sticking to it lol. Nearly done the systems life cycle. Soo boring lol. :frown:

And good luck with that course at Queen Mary. :smile: Hope you get the grades you need to get in. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Zionic
I'm sticking to it lol. Nearly done the systems life cycle. Soo boring lol. :frown:

And good luck with that course at Queen Mary. :smile: Hope you get the grades you need to get in. :smile:

Lol I feel your pain man, ict is such a drag. Was gonna ask do you have the Jan 11 past paper? I cant find it anywhere :/ And thanks, good luck too, hopefully we all get the grades for uni :smile:
Reply 13
Lol I feel your pain man, ict is such a drag. Was gonna ask do you have the Jan 11 past paper? I cant find it anywhere :/ And thanks, good luck too, hopefully we all get the grades for uni :smile:

It is such a drag lol. I only managed to go through the systems cycle today... means I've got to cover 5 others areas in 3 days. :frown:

And I don't I'm sorry man. :frown: There might be some on the TSR wiki maybe? :confused:
Reply 14
:frown: Time to do designing computer based information systems. :frown:
Reply 15
If a question came up on new developments in IT hardware software etc, how exactly would I approach such a question? and could I just write anything that comes to mind?! Like widespread use of biometric systems in everyday life such as accessing a gym locker?!

Would also appreciate it if someone would explain Model of human processor in simple terms for me :P? I understand a bit of it but its still slightly confusing me.... GOODLUCK EVERYONE !!
Reply 16
hi can some please explain
RAPID APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT,PROTOTYPING, MENTAL MODELS AND MODEL HUMAN PROCESSOR.
Thanks!! and good luck
Reply 17
RAD is a software development methodology of shortening the project duration by developing a quick software solution (usually within 6 months, duration which its thought reqs spec will stay static) with increased user involvement. The end user will be involved throughout this period offering feedback and evaluation along the way.

Has 2 main featured JAD (Joint application development) Timeboxing

JAD is the process where the requirements are established

Timeboxing is the allocation of time given to the requirements (Output of JAD)

Errm prototyping, 2 types, evolutionary and throw away. Evolutionary is an iterative process, throw away - software is developed and then literally thrown away.

Mental models - Users preconceptions & views on the system i think.... i'm not too sure about mental models.

Model human processor im not too sure about either but i think it uses the analogy that the users thought processes is like a computer.

I'm not sure whether what i've said is accurate because this is from the top of my head.... GOODLUCK !! P.S Could someone reply to my post before karanrauli !! much appreciated!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
I've revised the systems cycle, designing computer based information systems and network communications. There is no way I'm going to be able to go through applications of ICT, implementing computer absed ifnormation systems and implications of ICT by thursday. :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by kwanzee
RAD is a software development methodology of shortening the project duration by developing a quick software solution (usually within 6 months, duration which its thought reqs spec will stay static) with increased user involvement. The end user will be involved throughout this period offering feedback and evaluation along the way.

Has 2 main featured JAD (Joint application development) Timeboxing

JAD is the process where the requirements are established

Timeboxing is the allocation of time given to the requirements (Output of JAD)

Errm prototyping, 2 types, evolutionary and throw away. Evolutionary is an iterative process, throw away - software is developed and then literally thrown away.

Mental models - Users preconceptions & views on the system i think.... i'm not too sure about mental models.

Model human processor im not too sure about either but i think it uses the analogy that the users thought processes is like a computer.

I'm not sure whether what i've said is accurate because this is from the top of my head.... GOODLUCK !! P.S Could someone reply to my post before karanrauli !! much appreciated!

cheers mate i would of answered ur question but i have no idea soz and hope some one answers it x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending