Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Star Wars: The Old Republic

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    So Lucasarts and Bioware are creating a MMORPG to be released later this year - who is interested in it?

http://www.swtor.com/

Pre-order: http://www.swtor.com/preorder

System Requirements:
    OS

Windows XP, Vista/7 CPU

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better · Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better RAM

Windows XP: 1.5GB · Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB · PCs using a built-in graphical chipset, 2GB RAM recommended. Video

ATI X1800 or better* · nVidia 7800 or better* · Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better*
    DVD-ROM

8x or better
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah I'm interested, I've been on the beta sign up list for about 2 years now, and I just want to play.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metanar)
    Hell yeah I'm interested, I've been on the beta sign up list for about 2 years now, and I just want to play.
    I know right - it looks great. Can't wait for it! Hopefully it's not too expensive, but I can't wait.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Awwhhh hell yeah. I think this is the first MMORPG that really is a possible WoW killer.

If it delivers 80% of what it's promised it's going to be absoloutly awesome!

What class is everyone going to play? I'm thinking bounty hunter at the moment
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Awwhhh hell yeah. I think this is the first MMORPG that really is a possible WoW killer.

If it delivers 80% of what it's promised it's going to be absoloutly awesome!

What class is everyone going to play? I'm thinking bounty hunter at the moment
    Sith Inquisitor
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting for this for years, I'm glad it's almost here now
    • 163 followers

Definitely got my eye on it. I've never played a MMO or MMORPG before. World of Warcraft and the high fantasy never really appealed to me, not in the way to invest hundreds of hours to grind and multiplayer PVPs. In general, they seem to require pretty heavy investments (cost and time). But this is Bioware and Star Wars with the promise of a story which is large enough for several KOTOR games. I hope they announce the release date and pricing model soon. Considering it. It's going to be pretty hellish with the fantastic range of video games already lined up for Autumn/Winter 2011.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Definitely got my eye on it. I've never played a MMO or MMORPG before. World of Warcraft and the high fantasy never really appealed to me, not in the way to invest hundreds of hours to grind and multiplayer PVPs. In general, they seem to require pretty heavy investments (cost and time). But this is Bioware and Star Wars with the promise of a story which is large enough for several KOTOR games. I hope they announce the release date and pricing model soon. Considering it. It's going to be pretty hellish with the fantastic range of video games already lined up for Autumn/Winter 2011.
    I know, I am looking forward to this game and just cannot wait for Skyrim - that looks amazing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna play as a trooper first, probably won't even touch the jedi/sith classes. (At least for a while, anway)
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone here honestly say they'd prefer this to single-player KOTOR 3?

This does look quite good (for an MMO ) and if anyone was going to break ground and make an MMO with a genuinely compelling narrative, it would be BioWare. I'm kind of tentatively looking forward to it, I guess. If it does fail, there's Arkham City and Skyrim in the second half of the year anyway. God, we're spoiled :coma:
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    Can anyone here honestly say they'd prefer this to single-player KOTOR 3?

This does look quite good (for an MMO ) and if anyone was going to break ground and make an MMO with a genuinely compelling narrative, it would be BioWare. I'm kind of tentatively looking forward to it, I guess. If it does fail, there's Arkham City and Skyrim in the second half of the year anyway. God, we're spoiled :coma:
    Skyrim is going to be amazing!
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll be choosing the good ol' Jedi knight
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Keeping my eye on it, along with a few other games that have caught my interest.

Looks like something I would certainly give a try!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've never been big on MMORPGs but I've always been big on KotOR so...
    It's Bioware, they know what they're doing. Still, I think I'm gonna wait and see for a few months, see if the story and gameplay is up to scratch.
    Besides, there'll be plenty for me to play anyways...
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic) is an MMO that's coming out this year (probably around November) although there's no confirmed date.

For me, atleast, it looks really good bringing some actual decent story to MMOs. It looks great, here's the website: www.SWTOR.com

• 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been following the previews and story of the game. I loved the KOTR games, so a star wars MMO with a great storyline is interesting. From the previews I've seen though it seems it's the multiplayer part that lets this game down, as the story can't really handle several peoples story at the same time.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    I've been following the previews and story of the game. I loved the KOTR games, so a star wars MMO with a great storyline is interesting. From the previews I've seen though it seems it's the multiplayer part that lets this game down, as the story can't really handle several peoples story at the same time.
    Well from what I've seen it integrates multi people into the same missions quite well. With each character (in the party) being given a random number and whoever gets the highest number gets to make the response in dialogue in the story, which I think is quite good.

We'll have to see.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been following this game since Nov08, so yeah, im kinda excited :P
    I keep myself very up to date on news regarding the game, and can probably answer questions about it if anyone has any!
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyndon1504)
    I've been following this game since Nov08, so yeah, im kinda excited :P
    I keep myself very up to date on news regarding the game, and can probably answer questions about it if anyone has any!
    Hehe good to hear.

Have you already got yourself into a guild? I have.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXedixXx)
    Hehe good to hear.

Have you already got yourself into a guild? I have.
    No I havn't yet, I'm not even entirely sure what class path I want to go down yet!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 28, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.