Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    So Rant, you're supporting the MMO corporate machine now, huh?
    No, I get other people to pay.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    No, I get other people to pay.
    That's the same thing, effectively; you're just doing it indirectly which, in the end, is the same thing as doing it directly. You're a corporate slave, maaaan!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's the same thing, effectively; you're just doing it indirectly which, in the end, is the same thing as doing it directly. You're a corporate slave, maaaan!
    Not really, it doesn't cost me anything.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    Not really, it doesn't cost me anything.
    You're still filling their coffers, one way or another.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're still filling their coffers, one way or another.
    Yeah, but I'm not, other people are. Taxpayers. Bless their little cotton socks.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    We should have a TSR guild

If anyone is on The Arkanian Legacy do say; otherwise if lots of us are on another server I'll start a new alt there.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just started a few days from a free trial that was given to me from someone who I play another game with.

So far? Totally epic. Waiting for my copy in the post from play.com. Already reached the level cap (
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on The Red Eclipse post-transfers? :parrot:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i have an alt on red eclipse, but my main server move has just been announced to nightmare lands, which is a shame. ohh well, my subscription runs out tomorrow and i havent logged in for about 3 weeks anyway
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've always been on the Red Eclipse. 50 Guardian and a current 30 Juggernaut.

And I have an annoying PVP story.

Playing Huttball, I'm the only person attacking the ball carrier when he's close to scoring, wait for him to get on a fire trap, choke him at the right second so he's getting burnt, a team mate decides to push him out of the fire, he lands nice and safe on the middle ramp, and then scores.

I was so pissed off.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imgoodatpokemon)
    I've always been on the Red Eclipse. 50 Guardian and a current 30 Juggernaut.

And I have an annoying PVP story.

Playing Huttball, I'm the only person attacking the ball carrier when he's close to scoring, wait for him to get on a fire trap, choke him at the right second so he's getting burnt, a team mate decides to push him out of the fire, he lands nice and safe on the middle ramp, and then scores.

I was so pissed off.
    Try having one of your own healers use their team-mate rescue pull ability to pull you into the flames just as they start firing because he 'thought I needed to escape the mob of enemies'.

I'M A TANK FFS I NEED TO BE IN THAT MOB OF ENEMIES SO I CAN SOAK THE DAMAGE AND PROTECT OUR BALL CAR- [at this point, the flames finally got to me].
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    being a tank in hutball is probably one of the best things about the game, especially if you are jugg/gaurdian who can just jump all over the place
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friar Chris)
    Try having one of your own healers use their team-mate rescue pull ability to pull you into the flames just as they start firing because he 'thought I needed to escape the mob of enemies'.

I'M A TANK FFS I NEED TO BE IN THAT MOB OF ENEMIES SO I CAN SOAK THE DAMAGE AND PROTECT OUR BALL CAR- [at this point, the flames finally got to me].
    Huttball is just one of the worst things ever. Seriously think some evil mastermind created the idea in his mansion on a lonely cliff at night time as thunder struck.

What's even worse is when your team just, don't protect the ball carrier at all, or stay running behind you so you have no one to pass to in front of you.

I was just in a game a few minutes ago, I ran to the side where the HP replenishing things are in the corner expecting someone to run up the ramp so I could pass to them. Everyone followed me behind me. Luckily someone on the enemy team was standing on the ramp so I jumped to them and scored.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imgoodatpokemon)
    Huttball is just one of the worst things ever. Seriously think some evil mastermind created the idea in his mansion on a lonely cliff at night time as thunder struck.

What's even worse is when your team just, don't protect the ball carrier at all, or stay running behind you so you have no one to pass to in front of you.

I was just in a game a few minutes ago, I ran to the side where the HP replenishing things are in the corner expecting someone to run up the ramp so I could pass to them. Everyone followed me behind me. Luckily someone on the enemy team was standing on the ramp so I jumped to them and scored.
    waiting for someone on the other team to be as stupid as the people on your team, so you can jump to them and score is a valid tactic, and one of my favourites
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monkey_Pete)
    waiting for someone on the other team to be as stupid as the people on your team, so you can jump to them and score is a valid tactic, and one of my favourites
    Most of the time it's usually someone on my team being that dumb and rarely on the enemy team. I don't like joining guilds and crap so I just pug pvp, always come first though so I'm not an awful part of a pug.

Another qq from me is when I'm in the middle of cc'ing, and they immediately pass to me after I use taunt and crap and my guard is on them.

>damage from who I'm still guarding being attacked before I can remove it
    >no reduction from taunt on me
    >person who passed to me I don't like you
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    So it is now free-to-play and has almost lost 50% of its player base...............oops

How do you, the people playing the game, feel about all of this?

EDIT: A week later and nothing mentioned about this on the dedicated SWTOR thread. Well that shows just how unpopular SW:TOR has become
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just getting back into it since hearing it became free-to-play.

Stopped early January as a level 50 Guardian on Corellia upon being spoilered with regards to the story, my main motivation for playing the game. Had a two month subscription as well...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I start the game recently. I think there are still something attractive in the game.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    So it is now free-to-play and has almost lost 50% of its player base...............oops

How do you, the people playing the game, feel about all of this?

EDIT: A week later and nothing mentioned about this on the dedicated SWTOR thread. Well that shows just how unpopular SW:TOR has become
    I hear WoW is doing well.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    I hear WoW is doing well.
    Unfortunately Kung Fu Panda brought more people back into that game :facepalm2:

No idea how SWTOR is doing now after going free, but seeing that it slumped below 1 million, I doubt that game will ever cover its cost of production/turn a useful profit.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 28, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.