The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I've heard Trinity is a really good uni, especially for subjects such as History, but could anyone pass on any info (good or bad) as to their opinions about the uni, rumours, truths or whatever?!! Quite interested in it as a good oxbridge alternative..

I may be a little biased considering I attend here :smile:
But it is considered Ireland's premier university. Beautiful architecture, some world recognised faculties and research. On a social aspect it is definitely the place to go imho. Vibrant and varied active societys. The campus is very enclosed and imposes almost ridiculously in the very centre of Dublin. When you walk through the front arch you feel like you've entered an oasis among the hustle and bustle of Dublin. This made trinity's location its most attractive prospect when I was choosing where to go. Not only for transport but for sheer lack of distance to many many pubs, clubs, restaurants etc.

I'm trying to think of something bad, but I really can't. It also has the highest percentage of international students..

If you'd like to ask other trinity students questions there's a TCD forum here i moderate:
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=468
Academically trinity is a good university (but then again so are most irish universities) and i wouldn't fault it on that front,
I had a hard time in deciding whether or not to go to trinity(i decided against it in the end) but it was mainly centred around one main fact- location. Personally i hate the city of dublin because its like living in a disorganised london with a not very good transport system. Rents are fairly huge too, ive a friend whose paying less in imperial than what you would pay in dublin.
You would be better off going to live in a more university orientated town as they are easier to get around and the craic is greater.
Reply 3
is it really hard to get into?
Reply 4
jellybaby99
is it really hard to get into?

What course? It entirely depends. If you have a specific one in mind I could give you much better information.

Each is based on a popularity points system. Out of a max 600 where each A2 course is worth 150 points for an A.
So you usually need 4 A2 levels.

Average points needed to get into trinity is about 490 (which will get you into about 2/3rds of courses). This is equivalent to AACD or BBBC.
If you're doing 3A2 levels you are also allowed to put in an A/S mark as your fourth. But that is only worth a maximum 60 pts.

So an AAAa would only be 510 points max. Putting you at a bit of a disadvantage..

Then again some courses are ~300 points so, they would be easier to get into. Often however they have higher drop out rates.

Latest

Trending

Trending