The Student Room Group

Which Uni with these grades??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by strider

Original post by strider
Hello there

This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for so thank you very much. However, if you dont mind i have a few more queries that i would very much like your advice on.

Sorry for the delayed reply, as I said I have very little time in life.

Currently i am sitting my A2's. However, i have missed two exams due to illness - English and Economics Unit 3.
My english AS result mean that i should get a predicted A and if ive down well enough with my history exam i should also get an A.

That leaves me with economics. at AS i received a B. I have the Unit 4 next week. I have also resat one of the AS units last month. Depending on these results and the predicted mark I will receive for my unit 3 i could get an A. More likely, however, i will get a highish B.

Have you spoken to the exam boards? Are they willing to give you a final grade for the entire A2 based on your predicted grades and coursework? They may not automatically give you a final grade just because you've missed the exam, especially given you do not appear to have a pending university place for 2011 entry. Or do you mean that you will do these exams next summer as a first sitting, so you'd be applying to university in September with a predicted grade?

For all of your applications you will need a doctors note confirming your illness as well as this to be confirmed in your reference.

Would Edinburgh consider these extenuating circumstances? enough so that I would likely be given an offer?

I don't know, you will have to contact them (once you have your grades in August) and ask them about it.
I will point out here that as you've said, Edinburgh do not normally accept people who have taken 3 years to do their A levels, although again, mitigating circumstances might mean that they will consider you. You really need to ask them - I'm not an admissions tutor and never have been.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending