The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds bursary second year

Hi,

I received the full Leeds bursary this year for my first year and now in September I will be going into my second year, I was just wondering do we get it every year or is it a first year thing?

Thanks
Reply 1
Subscribing as I'd quite like to know this as well.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I think undergraduates get it every year depending on your households earnings in the latest tax year. The amount you're eligible for will probably go up or down accordingly if your finances have changed. I'm not 100% sure but I hope I'm right otherwise I'll be digging deeper into my overdraft.
Reply 3
Same, I'm really hoping we can get it again (my household income hasn't changed) because this whole house malarky is getting to be quite expensive.. might email someone and ask. :smile: Will post in here when I find out!
Reply 4
Yes you receive the bursary for each year of undergraduate study although if your parents income change, the amount you get may fluctuate.
Reply 5
Thank the lord!
What about the scholarships? If you get one of those in your first year, does it continue each year? And if not, are you then automatically awarded the bursary for the following years?
Thanks
Reply 7
I'm not sure, sorry. You could email financial services like I did: [email protected]

This is what I got back about the bursary :smile:

Hello Nicole

You will be assessed for the Leeds Bursary each year providing you have been means tested by SFE and agreed to share your information with the University.

Regards
Rose

Rose Hannah
Reply 8
*Phew* glad that bursary's going to be coming in!
Reply 9
Original post by Justeen910
*Phew* glad that bursary's going to be coming in!

Me too! Would have been upgrading my overdraft if I wasn't getting it. :frown:
Reply 10
Hi, I'm going to Leeds this September.. Woohoo! I'll be a first year student and I just wanted to know when you usually get your busary? Also, do you get it in a full payment or is it broken down? Thanks! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by lalala1
Hi, I'm going to Leeds this September.. Woohoo! I'll be a first year student and I just wanted to know when you usually get your busary? Also, do you get it in a full payment or is it broken down? Thanks! :smile:

Its split into two payments, the first is in January, if I recall correctly, and the second is in April.
Reply 12
^ Thank you very much!
Reply 13
Apologies for bumping the thread after so long, but I was wondering if any second year students (or above) had heard anything about recieving the bursary this year.
you get it every year as long as your parents income doesn't got above the threshold

January and April payments.

Quick Reply

Latest