The Student Room Group

being sick whilst on the pill.

hi all.

ok so ive just finished my 2nd packet of the pill. 1 packet left to go b4 i gotta get some more from the clinic.

i started to feel unwell last week with a bug thing that has been going round and was throwing up quite alot. i understand this means that the pill is presumably out of my system, therefore my bf has to wear a condom for protection.

i am now on my 7 day break from the pill and awaiting my period. my last period started the day before my 7 day break was due to start so i guess im worrying that it hasnt come yet. but because im not taking the pill for 7 days now, although my bf is still wearing a condom when we have sex...does it mean theres more chance i could get pregnant?

karen x
Reply 1
More chance than going double dutch but I wouldn't worry about the whole thing. I would say you would have to be very unlucky to get pregnant. Hell some couples spend 5+ years trying and don't manage it!!! Lets put this whole thing in persepective!! The stress from worrying is probably what is delaying the onset of your period!!
When I first took the pill, I got my period the day my seven day break began. Last month it was four days before it came. Some people often miss periods altogether whilst on the period, especially when you're just getting used to it.

And there's no more chance you could get pregnant in your seven-day-break as when you're taking the pill, so long as it's been more than seven days since you last threw up.
Have you recently just started on the pill? Because in the early months you may find it takes a few cycles before your periods become regular. For now I wouldn't worry, but if it doesn't come at all, do a pregnancy test and/or go back to your clinic. There you will get all the advice you need.
Reply 4
As far as I'm aware, throwing up whilst on the pill should only compromise your protection if it was within 3 or 4 hours of taking the pill.

Your periods take a while to become regular, don't worry. Mine doesn't come till the 3rd or 4th day of the pill-free week.
Reply 5
i was last sick tuesday night i think. i started the pill 2 months ago and well if it doesnt come then i'll do a test. i think i've done everything correctly though. i might just ask my mum. she always puts me at ease. thanks anyway guys. xx
It's only really if you throw up like 4 hours after taking the pill or so that it is really affected. On the pill, my period always comes on the 4th pil-free day, so I wouldn't worry if it hasnt come yet. Also, your periods take a while to settle down after starting on the pill.
Reply 7
thanks. thats put me at ease. i think i'll just wait and see when my period comes, if it doesnt then i'll take a test.

my bf and i are just completely unready for a baby. theres no way i could have one at my age.
Reply 8
I once got pregnant while going double dutch AND after taking the morning after.....

Latest

Trending

Trending