The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Warwick maths definitely. My friend got a first from there and from what i gather, the course is very well recognised as being one of the best in the country.
Reply 2
Would Warwick maths be better than Imperial Computing?
Reply 3
This is really weird the other poll has UCL winning against warwick, it must be all the durham voters that dont like UCL! lol
Reply 4
The Guardian ranks warwick 8th, and UCl 9th for Maths. If you go in for that kind of thing :smile:
Reply 5
Warwick any day...
Reply 6
Warwick often appears in a triple of Cambridge, Oxford, Warwick in job advertisements. However, Warwick's quite far from London, and I've come to the conclusion that you're quite advantaged studying in London, or at least in easy commuting distance.
Reply 7
homoterror
Warwick often appears in a triple of Cambridge, Oxford, Warwick in job advertisements.

what do you mean by that?

What i love about Warwick is that they are the only university (perhaps with cambridge) where you HAVE to have either an A grade in AS or A2 Further Mathematics, OR a 2 in a STEP paper or an AEA.............to gain admission

therefore people cannot just get an A in maths and get a place.
Reply 8
spy007
what do you mean by that?

What i love about Warwick is that they are the only university (perhaps with cambridge) where you HAVE to have either an A grade in AS or A2 Further Mathematics, OR a 2 in a STEP paper or an AEA.............to gain admission

therefore people cannot just get an A in maths and get a place.

it's common for job advertisements to ask for a maths degree from oxbridge or warwick, ie. no specific mention of imperial/ucl/bath

I appreciate Warwick's STEP offer too (even if it is a bit redundant), it shows a good spirit.
Reply 9
homoterror
it's common for job advertisements to ask for a maths degree from oxbridge or warwick, ie. no specific mention of imperial/ucl/bath

I appreciate Warwick's STEP offer too (even if it is a bit redundant), it shows a good spirit.

well it basically means that you have to be bloody good to get on the degree! Even oxford one can get onto the maths degree with only an A in normal maths.
Reply 10
homoterror

not that i dont believe you- i do, but i was just curious as to what kind of jobs specifiy this? Could you show me some examples please
Reply 11
spy007
well it basically means that you have to be bloody good to get on the degree! Even oxford one can get onto the maths degree with only an A in normal maths.

the thing is it doesn't actually demand STEP, you can still get four As, or an A in further maths etc or just do AEA which is much easier. it's not like the Cambridge offer which actually demands a solid performance in STEP.
Reply 12
I think i'll ring GCHQ and see what they reckon, i know they try to be neutral in the matter but they're human afterall!!
Reply 13
i'm pretty sure they'd prefer Warwick. I think they'll think it quite strange if you were to ring them.
Reply 14
homoterror
i'm pretty sure they'd prefer Warwick. I think they'll think it quite strange if you were to ring them.

how comes? its wh ythey have a careers phone number afterall he he
Reply 15
spy007
how comes? its wh ythey have a careers phone number afterall he he

ooh sorry, go for it then.
Reply 16
would warwick be better than bath?
Speak to people who have done a maths degree, or lecturers. Warwick is very highly rated.
Reply 18
University College London beats Warwick hands down.

Warwick is crap compared to London!

--------------

silent ninja
Speak to people who have done a maths degree, or lecturers. Warwick is very highly rated.

And UCL isn't?
death_cab
University College London beats Warwick hands down.

Warwick is crap compared to London!

--------------

And UCL isn't?

evidence, bearing in mind im on about maths?

is maths warwicks most prestigious course??

Latest

Trending

Trending