The Student Room Group

For 2012 entry, can I pay uni fees upfront if I want to?

This is a hypothetical question. I've been searching the internet for the past hour trying to find the answer to no avail.
Do I have to get a loan with the student loans company and pay off my tuition through taxation, or can I pay it all off upfront if I want to? (Not that I could afford it; I'm just curious)
Is it possible to pay some of it upfront if I wish? Say, a couple of grand of it, and then get a student loan for the rest?

Thanks.
Reply 1
i dont think you can pay for a portion of ir but you can pay for all of it. My uni enabled people to pay in two instalments which was nice
To be honest, you're best off just taking your loan out fully for tuition and putting the savings you have into a good rate savings account. You will probably need it at some point in your degree and if not then you can use it to pay off your loan at the end of it. I wouldn't advise trying to pay off your loan early though as it's quite likely that you could end up in a situation where you don't actually need to pay it all off before it gets to the period when it can be cancelled.

Edit: don't know why the neg rep - it's true and good advice.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending