The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by Griffin23
well I'm not sure how you would want it formatted, but I'll still add it in and it can be crossed referenced with others input to pick out any matches.

The best care that I used was a day or two, after having been tattooed (depending on tenderness)is applying some savlon cream. To help keep it clean etc. then once it started scabbing over I then used cocoa butter cream to help keep it moisturised :smile:

Well, in the aftercare section, stating that "after X period, I started to use X cream" would probably be the best way of phrasing it.

As you say, we'll try and cross-reference it. After that, we can find the general consensus or suggest several creams. :yes:
Reply 721
:smile:

I like key tattoos, I think they always look quite cute and pretty, especially when they have a meaning :h: I think it's amazing that it inspires you so much to stay healthy, well done for everything, I know it's a battle :hugs:
As for what I put on my tattoo, I used bepanthen, which is the nappy rash cream xD
It sounds a bit strange, but a lot of tattooists recommend it, and I know I kept missing the tips of mine, because it's on my back, it's diffficult to reach. The middle is fully healed and the tips are still a little scabby, so the cream has obviously helped some. Only cost me £2.90 for the tube which is so so much more than I needed
Original post by zjs
Well, in the aftercare section, stating that "after X period, I started to use X cream" would probably be the best way of phrasing it.

As you say, we'll try and cross-reference it. After that, we can find the general consensus or suggest several creams. :yes:

:colondollar: you're right that would have been a good idea :ashamed:

Hopefully we can builed up a nice little FAQ's:biggrin::yep:
Haven't had time to write anything as I've been revising for an exam tomorrow, but when I get home tomorrow afternoon I'll try to write up a decent post :smile:
Reply 725
Original post by VickyTink
As for what I put on my tattoo, I used bepanthen, which is the nappy rash cream xD
It sounds a bit strange, but a lot of tattooists recommend it, and I know I kept missing the tips of mine, because it's on my back, it's diffficult to reach. The middle is fully healed and the tips are still a little scabby, so the cream has obviously helped some. Only cost me £2.90 for the tube which is so so much more than I needed

Sudocrem! :yes:

Its uses are literally endless. :moon:

:colondollar: you're right that would have been a good idea :ashamed:

Hopefully we can builed up a nice little FAQ's:biggrin::yep:

It's shaping up nicely as it is (as in, the suggestions are good and we're starting to see how it can be put together).
Original post by minimarshmallow

My second one, but I've lost the image of my first...

Edit: Why am I being negged for a picture of my tattoo in a thread on tattoos? If you don't like it, please tell me why...

That's amazing :eek3:
Original post by zjs
Sudocrem! :yes:

Its uses are literally endless. :moon:

I was warned away from sudocrem :s-smilie: something about it drying/taking away the colour? Was given bepanthen to use.
Original post by RachelWest
I love my tattoo, and I love seeing other peoples tattoos.
If you love your tattoo post a photo :smile:

I'll start:
1st tattoo

It's colour, but for some reason i only have this photo to hand and it doesnt show alot of it.

It's not finished and needs some touch ups... but it'll get there.

Edit: Photo quality has been destroyed...

i like the one on your back :wink:

what do you think of mine? oh, also... do you have meanings for yours?
Original post by zjs
It's shaping up nicely as it is (as in, the suggestions are good and we're starting to see how it can be put together).

Well thats good:h:

I'm sure perhaps as it expands there can be listings/reviews of local tattoo parlours?:holmes:

:colondollar:I noticed a few people asking about places in the thread.

It's ok if its a rubbish idea:colone:
Reply 730
Original post by ironandwine
I was warned away from sudocrem :s-smilie: something about it drying/taking away the colour? Was given bepanthen to use.

Ah, supposedly Sudocrem is a stronger version of Bepanthen. I'm learning. :holmes:

Well thats good:h:

I'm sure perhaps as it expands there can be listings/reviews of local tattoo parlours?:holmes:

:colondollar:I noticed a few people asking about places in the thread.

It's ok if its a rubbish idea:colone:

Well, I was thinking people could say where they went for theirs. These could be edited into the OP if people make a lot of suggestions beyond the OP. Probably focus on areas such as London, Glasgow etc (i.e. cities) first and then add in smaller towns at a later point, if the tattooists there are particularly highly commended. Something like that, anyway. :dontknow:
Original post by zjs
Well, I was thinking people could say where they went for theirs. These could be edited into the OP if people make a lot of suggestions beyond the OP. Probably focus on areas such as London, Glasgow etc (i.e. cities) first and then add in smaller towns at a later point, if the tattooists there are particularly highly commended. Something like that, anyway. :dontknow:

Yeah thats what I was thinking, like mabye parlours that a lot of people have been to so they can recommend them. It could also be a nice way to tie in some of the photos as it can be a mini showcase:holmes:
Reply 732
Yeah thats what I was thinking, like mabye parlours that a lot of people have been to so they can recommend them. It could also be a nice way to tie in some of the photos as it can be a mini showcase:holmes:

Sounds like a good idea, but we'll have to see on how well it develops etc before we can know whether the parlour thing will work. Theoretically, it's a good idea. :h:

You have such cute ideas :h:
Original post by zjs
Sounds like a good idea, but we'll have to see on how well it develops etc before we can know whether the parlour thing will work. Theoretically, it's a good idea. :h:

:colondollar: of course, just throwing the idea out there:h:

You have such cute ideas :h:

:unsure: I don't know whether this is good or bad :tongue:

Oh soul:love: :hugs:
ahaha, most definitely :h:

:unsure: I don't know whether this is good or bad :tongue:

it's good! :bigsmile:
I'm not your buddy, friend :biggrin: I loves that episode (:ninja: assuming that was a reference to South Park)

ahaha, most definitely :h:

it's good! :bigsmile:

:gah: in that case

thankyou:h:
Reply 737
Aww, I love this thread, so much cuteness :h:
Original post by tidbury1415
i like the one on your back :wink:

what do you think of mine? oh, also... do you have meanings for yours?

Not really. I tend to avoid the whole 'tattoos have to have meanings' (which I blame shows like miami ink for) I mean, a tattoo might have the greatest meaning in the world but it could still look terrible. Sometimes meaning can be forded. So I go for what looks good.

Don't get me wrong, they're not slapped on. For example the bird is my exact drawing and design, and the woman is a painting from my favourite artist. My art tutor always says when making art 'make something cool and apply meaning later'.
But yeah there's nothing like the bird representing freedom or anything going on. As an artist I just love tattoo's for their aesthetic qualities, they're awesome.

Sorry for the long winded explanation.
I like your tattoo, the blue really stands out.
(edited 12 years ago)
True that :biggrin:

:hugs:

:ninja: I think we may have drifted the thread a little off topic so...

Tattoo's :biggrin:

Quick Reply