The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Griffin23
:K: I suppose thats something

:yep: better than it being wife's name or something :yep:

Original post by zjs
Which team are you though, tbh? :ninja:

Well, not so much a thread for members as much as a spam-free thread, where all that's in there is questions about tattoos, pictures of tattoos and discussion around that as well as sketches/ideas for new designs etc.

This thread isn't that far off topic, it's just that if we divulge into chatting for a few pages, people come into the thread and think it's purely spam. Separating the two into two threads: one for general chat and discussion, the other for purely tattoo stuff, might be the easiest way to ensure that people aren't put off? :holmes:

While I'm very happy for you to have two friends, I'm gonna have to talk to rest of mod team to see whether can allow this thread to stay in F&B or be moved to Chat :smile: shall let you guys know :yep:
Reply 981
ok tattoo fans, who's awake and up for a chat?
Original post by NW86
ok tattoo fans, who's awake and up for a chat?

I'm awake but probably not for long...
Reply 983
Fair enough!

Appreciate the reply either way, just having a quiet night in, however two bottles of wine later i kinda wish I'd gone out!

Data is by far my fav next gen character.

Original post by NW86
Fair enough!

Appreciate the reply either way, just having a quiet night in, however two bottles of wine later i kinda wish I'd gone out!

Data is by far my fav next gen character.

:biggrin:

I'm going to bed now... enjoy your night in!

EDIT: After having the same avatar since I joined TSR over two years ago, I may change it to this picture :tongue:
Reply 985
Original post by LtCommanderData
:biggrin:

I'm going to bed now... enjoy your night in!

EDIT: After having the same avatar since I joined TSR over two years ago, I may change it to this picture :tongue:

Blast!

Sherlock Data for the win!
Original post by psychocustard

Reckon it's a stupid idea to get a tattoo before I go away on holiday? It'd be a few weeks in advance, obvs, but I don't know whether it's a good idea. We're talking lots of booze and beach holiday, here.

Nah you should be ok. But two things to watch out for - don't expose it at all to the sun, and try not to bash it against anything too hard especially if it's still flaking. The sun thing is very important though.
Reply 987
Original post by frankieboy
Nah you should be ok. But two things to watch out for - don't expose it at all to the sun, and try not to bash it against anything too hard especially if it's still flaking. The sun thing is very important though.

Dunno man, 3 weeks before a holiday, especially one on the beach. we're talking lots of sand and sun which could damage a healing tattoo, its probably not the best idea.

But on the other hand, and this is also where i sit to be fair, you're going on holiday with a new tattoo to show off, which is pretty sweet. And sand aint gonna kill ya :smile:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
:yep: better than it being wife's name or something :yep:

That is true :ahee:

:ninja: to sorta stay on topic I think this is pretty cool due to the colours :gah:

:sad: I'm a sucker for pretty colours
Reply 989
That is true :ahee:

:ninja: to sorta stay on topic I think this is pretty cool due to the colours :gah:

:sad: I'm a sucker for pretty colours

UV tattoos fade like a muther ****er tho :frown:

a few friends have had them done, i think they were fully luminescent for about 6 - 10 months which is a shame, but coolo nevertheless
Original post by NW86
Dunno man, 3 weeks before a holiday, especially one on the beach. we're talking lots of sand and sun which could damage a healing tattoo, its probably not the best idea.

Yeah good point about the sand. And also the salt from the sea water as well. I mean they could theoretically go on the holiday but it would ruin the enjoyment not being able to get sun, sand or sea water on it, kind of kills the point of the holiday doesn't it. They wouldn't be able to show it off because of the sun.
Original post by NW86
UV tattoos fade like a muther ****er tho :frown:

a few friends have had them done, i think they were fully luminescent for about 6 - 10 months which is a shame, but coolo nevertheless

Really? :gah:

:erm: I'd still get one, and get it touched up if you can:ahee::ninja:

they looky so nice:h:
Reply 992
Really? :gah:

:erm: I'd still get one, and get it touched up if you can:ahee::ninja:

they looky so nice:h:

Oh you could of course get it touched up! the one you linked looks as if its a mix of "normal" ink and uv ink, so you can see the design normally, but in uv extra parts show up.

one of my friends has a really large uv design on her hands and forearms, in just uv ink, so you really cant see it in normal light unless she was to point it out and you looked closely, but in uv light her arms just glow, its pretty beautiful!
Original post by NW86
Oh you could of course get it touched up! the one you linked looks as if its a mix of "normal" ink and uv ink, so you can see the design normally, but in uv extra parts show up.

one of my friends has a really large uv design on her hands and forearms, in just uv ink, so you really cant see it in normal light unless she was to point it out and you looked closely, but in uv light her arms just glow, its pretty beautiful!

oh that sounds cool :ahee: I've seen a lot of just UV ones that cool.

I think if I did get one I would get it mixed:holmes:
Mine on the day it was done:
Original post by Steverockin

Oh nice :zomg:

Wow that's awseome man, I just LOVE the penis bit and the leg and boot bit :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Is that Ganesha?
Original post by frankieboy

Original post by NW86

But on the other hand, and this is also where i sit to be fair, you're going on holiday with a new tattoo to show off, which is pretty sweet. And sand aint gonna kill ya :smile:

True, but then my ankle tattoo went tits up because they didn't give me any info on aftercare, so I think that's why the smaller stars have gone blotchy. Think I might just wait til I get back, 'cos I want it to be perfect :yep:
Original post by psychocustard
Oh guize, you talk so much whilst I'm away and then I lose track of the thread *sigh*

Reckon it's a stupid idea to get a tattoo before I go away on holiday? It'd be a few weeks in advance, obvs, but I don't know whether it's a good idea. We're talking lots of booze and beach holiday, here.

I''d say you want to leave at least a month between getting it done and going on holiday, and even then you're gonna need to protect it from the sun...

Probably best to wait til you come back if it's only 3 weeks away..

Quick Reply

Latest