The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
I would ultimately like a tattoo but at the moment am incredibly scared of the pain :/... Wimp. I know.

I do not have any clear ideas of what i would like so i wouldnt consider getting one done soon. However, i figure that if something comes along that means so much to me that i am willing to go through the pain to get it inked on my skin, then i should go for it.
Reply 161
Original post by Delta_Aitch
Ooh, lavely. Surely we'd have to wait a few days until this thread has passed the relevant checks ie gone on for longer than 2 weeks?

What if they merge this thread with the Body Mod thread? :afraid:

Nah, you inform them that you want to make a Society, so your application's made, and then they monitor activity. After that, they can make it a Society.

Well if you, me, or whoever puts in the request says they know about the Bod Mod Society but want this as something separate, they shouldn't merge the two.

Thoughts on the name? :beard:
Original post by zjs
Nah, you inform them that you want to make a Society, so your application's made, and then they monitor activity. After that, they can make it a Society.

Well if you, me, or whoever puts in the request says they know about the Bod Mod Society but want this as something separate, they shouldn't merge the two.

Thoughts on the name? :beard:

"Tattoo Appreciation Soc" sounds about right, imo :yy:

Do you want to do it, or would you like for someone else to? I think whoever makes the soc will be named the admin of said society and it was you who voiced this idea so it's only fair :adore:
Got my half sleeve done today, love it to death and back :smile:
Will post a picture when it's healed 'n that!
Reply 164
"Tattoo Appreciation Soc" sounds about right, imo :yy:

Do you want to do it, or would you like for someone else to? I think whoever makes the soc will be named the admin of said society and it was you who voiced this idea so it's only fair :adore:

You can, yeah. If not, I can do it tomorrow sometime. I'm happy to be deputy though. :dontknow:

Tattoo Appreciation sounds best tbh, I agree. :h:
Original post by zjs
You can, yeah. If not, I can do it tomorrow sometime. I'm happy to be deputy though. :dontknow:

Tattoo Appreciation sounds best tbh, I agree. :h:

Naww, it's cool. We can wait for you tomorrow :yy:
Guys I'd be more than happy to help out if you get a Society made as I have loads of resources and info that I could share, let me know :wink:
Woww, that feather tat looks amazing! My only problem would be that I went looking on google for a feather tattoo because they look amazing, and loads of that particular image came up on other people :sad:

It still looks beautiful, though. How big would you get it?

I know :biggrin: Would like it to be a little less popular, but that couldn't be a reason I didn't get it done! I'd like it quite small but I'm not sure how small it could be without not being able to see all the detail :s-smilie: I quite like the idea of it being just below my neck with the birds then trailing upwards though :smile: Need to play around and see where it could fit and how it would look though!
Reply 168
Naww, it's cool. We can wait for you tomorrow :yy:

Got on it again tonight, as it happens. :h: It's a new system now; you just go through the Societies page and create a Society there, which is sent to the Mods for approval.

I've applied for it, as "The Tattoo Appreciation Soc.". We can always edit the description, but I'll point that out when the groups confirmed (atm it's just something along the lines of for those that have/want/like tattoos, discuss all things tattoos here). Hopefully they'll approve it soon. :moon:

Linking the thread in obviously comes at a later point, now.

Original post by cdsmith1990
Guys I'd be more than happy to help out if you get a Society made as I have loads of resources and info that I could share, let me know :wink:

Put the society application in now, so may well get in contact soon; depending on how long confirmation takes!
Reply 169
Original post by chloenestea
I hate tatoo's They are such a turn off!

Why post in this thread, then? I mean, fair enough if the OP was asking whether or not you liked them, but this thread is specifically for people who love tattoos.

Original post by ibelongtoslytherin
Tis mine :smile:

Like it. :yes:
Original post by zjs
Got on it again tonight, as it happens. :h: It's a new system now; you just go through the Societies page and create a Society there, which is sent to the Mods for approval.

I've applied for it, as "The Tattoo Appreciation Soc.". We can always edit the description, but I'll point that out when the groups confirmed (atm it's just something along the lines of for those that have/want/like tattoos, discuss all things tattoos here). Hopefully they'll approve it soon. :moon:

Linking the thread in obviously comes at a later point, now.

Put the society application in now, so may well get in contact soon; depending on how long confirmation takes!

The plan is in motion! :colone:
Reply 171
The plan is in motion! :colone:

Had to re-submit it as I didn't realise a photo was a necessity. :facepalm2:

Pretty sure that can always be changed though. :erm: If not, it's a fairly standard "I love tattoos".

Went with "Tattoo Appreciation Society".
Original post by zjs
Had to re-submit it as I didn't realise a photo was a necessity. :facepalm2:

Pretty sure that can always be changed though. :erm: If not, it's a fairly standard "I love tattoos".

Went with "Tattoo Appreciation Society".

Lmao, I can't wait to see the final society :king1:
Reply 173
Lmao, I can't wait to see the final society :king1:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1479

Definitely a bit of a rudimentary outline atm, but serviceable.
Original post by zjs
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1479

Definitely a bit of a rudimentary outline atm, but serviceable.

It's perfect :')
I have two tattoos, but will have to dig up the photos lol
Reply 176
It's perfect :')

It claims I've made you a deputy, though my TSR is playing-up a bit at the minute.

We're in the billy no mates stage of the Social Group at the minute. :sigh: :colondollar:

Spoiler

Original post by zjs
It claims I've made you a deputy, though my TSR is playing-up a bit at the minute.

We're in the billy no mates stage of the Social Group at the minute. :sigh: :colondollar:

Spoiler

Yeah, my TSR is being a little **** atm.

LOL before I joined it was just you. I was thinking of maybe making you sweat on your own a bit :proud: ..but I was too excited to join so I didn't :getmecoat:

I'm not sure how you would go about inviting everyone in the thread, perhaps mass-quote everyone you feel might be interested? Or update the thread with HUGE writing informing everyone about the society. Whichever is the easiest (the latter :rofl2:)
Reply 178
Yeah, my TSR is being a little **** atm.

LOL before I joined it was just you. I was thinking of maybe making you sweat on your own a bit :proud: ..but I was too excited to join so I didn't :getmecoat:

I'm not sure how you would go about inviting everyone in the thread, perhaps mass-quote everyone you feel might be interested? Or update the thread with HUGE writing informing everyone about the society. Whichever is the easiest (the latter :rofl2:)

Must be glitchy then.

:nothing:. You made the right choice... deputy. :colone: Hopefully others will see it as sufficiently different to the Bod Mod society, but I think it is. Keeping this thread active with posts around the content of the society seems the best way forward, as it's already got a nice crop of posts.

The album's could, at some point, be used to showcase the body art of (consenting) members and posters, too. :moon:

:holmes:. Well, I've invited about 15-20 people who were actively posting (i.e. they've posted a few times or posted that they either have/want a tattoo). I'll see how that pans out by tomorrow afternoon (read: if anyone joins :dry:) and, if not, go with the massive letters idea. :yy:
Original post by zjs
Must be glitchy then.

:nothing:. You made the right choice... deputy. :colone: Hopefully others will see it as sufficiently different to the Bod Mod society, but I think it is. Keeping this thread active with posts around the content of the society seems the best way forward, as it's already got a nice crop of posts.

The album's could, at some point, be used to showcase the body art of (consenting) members and posters, too. :moon:

:holmes:. Well, I've invited about 15-20 people who were actively posting (i.e. they've posted a few times or posted that they either have/want a tattoo). I'll see how that pans out by tomorrow afternoon (read: if anyone joins :dry:) and, if not, go with the massive letters idea. :yy:

I'm sure there's enough interest to see ourselves with a good heap of members. As long as people continue to post in here, I think we'll be fine. We'll just have to sit tight and see what happens :moon:

The main hurdle's past us, though, as I thought our soc would be too similar to the Body Mod soc to be recognised on it's own, but wheeey, it's worked out fine :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest