Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by hypocriticaljap
with money

dont have any?
Reply 3
Original post by hypocriticaljap
with money

also my last payment is due 16/04/2012 is that when everyone has summer break?
Due to the fact that 16/04/2012 is in april, I would say it's not in summer break...
Reply 5
Original post by abigailrebecca
Due to the fact that 16/04/2012 is in april, I would say it's not in summer break...

and how do i pay my rent in full in advance if sfc hasnt sent me any money?
also when is summer break?
Original post by curtain
??????
its due on 24/09/2011?
im going uni in sept but you get a 175 pound discount if you pay now?

You will have to miss the discount, unfortunately. Explain the situation to them and they'll probably ask you to pay a deposit whilst you wait for your student loan to come through. You can pay for your deposit out of a student overdraft or a loan from parents.
Reply 7
Original post by whyumadtho
You will have to miss the discount, unfortunately. Explain the situation to them and they'll probably ask you to pay a deposit whilst you wait for your student loan to come through. You can pay for your deposit out of a student overdraft or a loan from parents.

omg should sfc have come through by now?
Original post by curtain
and how do i pay my rent in full in advance if sfc hasnt sent me any money?
also when is summer break?
That is the intermediary period between second and third semester. Third semester consists exclusively of exams, which run throughout May. After that, university is effectively finished.
Original post by curtain
omg should sfc have come through by now?
No, I had this problem when I started. I had to pay a deposit for first term rent whilst I waited for my Student Loan to come through. It comes through on the official start of term, which is the 24th this year. However, this is typically after most students move in.
Original post by curtain
??????
its due on 24/09/2011?
im going uni in sept but you get a 175 pound discount if you pay now?

ask your parents for a small loan for it, as long as they know you'll pay them back then i'm sure they won't have a problem with it.
Reply 11
Pretty sure you went get any more money from Student Finance between now and September. If you want the discount then get your parents to pay or use your overdraft or whatever
Reply 12
Student finance don't put the money in your account until September unfortunately. It'll have to come out of your own pocket for now.
Reply 13
Original post by Tefhel
Pretty sure you went get any more money from Student Finance between now and September. If you want the discount then get your parents to pay or use your overdraft or whatever

when did you get your sfc?
i have got zilch money from sfc so far??????
Reply 14
Original post by Louise_x
Student finance don't put the money in your account until September unfortunately. It'll have to come out of your own pocket for now.

how do you know?
does it say it on their website?
Reply 15
Original post by curtain
when did you get your sfc?
i have got zilch money from sfc so far??????

I don't get a student loan.
If you are going into 1st year then you will get your first lot of money at the end of September.
Original post by curtain
how do you know?
Haven't you received the Declaration Form that they ask you to sign and return? The due dates for payments come in the same letter.
Reply 17
Original post by whyumadtho
Haven't you received the Declaration Form that they ask you to sign and return? The due dates for payments come in the same letter.

i applied online?
Reply 18
Original post by curtain
how do you know?

To get the student loan money put into your account, the University has to register you as attending. This doesn't happen until September, when you turn up.

i applied online?

You'll still received a Declaration form in the post to sign and return. I applied online as well.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by curtain
i applied online?
You are still supposed to receive that letter. It will probably come soon... :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending