Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Hey Everyone! :)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im in year 10 at the moment but im not doing that great at my GCSE's but i still want a good job and to do A levels and hopefully go to uni.
    I cant decide what job i want though.. this sounds really silly but if you Watch CSI or criminal minds im intrested in getting it too that sort of criminal/ forsenic stuff.
    But i also like the idea of jourlism and photography, However sometimes i like the idea of working with animals...

Can i have some job suggestions and A levels/ courses i should take to get into that sort of thing please Thanks
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    just wait til you've done some of year 11 to find out what subjects you particularly like. maybe ask for a careers meeting at school (like connexions, they do it at my school) to discuss your options. but tbh csi and criminal minds are pretend and you would never get that exact job - however you could be a forensic scientist, forensic psychologist, or a detective in the police.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    okay thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha I love Criminal Minds!
    I waited to see what I got at GCSE then picked my a levels based on that-you might as well do something you like AND are good at, than something you suck at but you think is cool!
    In my opinion though, forensics: Sciences. Especially chemistry. Apparently it's really hard to get into though.
    Journalism: English, history, RE. Essay based subjects.
    Animals: Biology, maybe chemistry depending on the uni (I'm going to do zoology, but I don't have chemistry a level so I'm a bit limited!!)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 19, 2011
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.