The Student Room Group

Travel expenses

Hi guys,
Was just wondering if any of you know if you can get travel expenses paid to you by the government/organisations or unis?

its a 40 minute drive to my uni from where i live and then i have to park my car at a 'park and ride' and get the park and ride bus to uni as they have no car parking facilities there.

bit worried about this as i am a single parent and this is going to put a real strain on my finances :s-smilie:
you don't get any travelling expenses
LOL
Reply 2
Original post by hypocriticaljap
you don't get any travelling expenses
LOL

whats with the 'LOL'
Reply 3
Original post by Lizia
You're expected to cover costs of commuting through your student loan.

oh dear well i hope it will be enough
Reply 4
I don't know what sorts of benefits are available because of being a single parent with a presumably lowish income, but I'd hope you get something, and that may be expected to cover the cost of commuting. Your student loan is also expected to help.

If you're struggling, your university may have a hardship fund which you could apply to - being a single parent who's finding it hard to attend because of money problems should mean you get some help :smile: (If they literally have staff parking, you could also see if they'd let you use staff parking considering your circumstances.)
Original post by Chels1788
whats with the 'LOL'

I've not had such a laugh in a long time!

What do you think the loan is for?
Original post by Chels1788
Hi guys,
Was just wondering if any of you know if you can get travel expenses paid to you by the government/organisations or unis?

its a 40 minute drive to my uni from where i live and then i have to park my car at a 'park and ride' and get the park and ride bus to uni as they have no car parking facilities there.

bit worried about this as i am a single parent and this is going to put a real strain on my finances :s-smilie:

If you're eligible for a NHS bursary, they give you a childcare allowance and may also provide some kind of help with travel.
if you uni has an access to learning fund like mine, they might consider it appropiate to help you through that, you should contact your uni's financial support team :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending