The Student Room Group

NHS Bursary - has anyone filled their form in yet?

Has anyone heard from the NHS Bursary people yet? I thought we would be contacted in May! I've applied to do physiotherapy.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marmitemad
Has anyone heard from the NHS Bursary people yet? I thought we would be contacted in May! I've applied to do physiotherapy.

New students aren't contacted and provided with their customer reference number until mid-June, so about now. Your deadline is about 1st July I think, whereas returning students had to return theirs by 30th May.

You can fill the form now though (all 36-odd pages of it!), as it's all on the NHS bursary website.
Reply 2
The form is an absolute beast, I always find forms like this really hard to understand. I wondered if anyone could help with the income from bank interest thing. I haven't had my bank account long, only since feb and have no yearly interest figure that can be supported by evidence. plus as my amount will probably go down significantly from september onwards how will i know what the interest will be, do you base it on the current amount? what did everyone else do to get their figure?
Reply 3
I got my letter from the nhs the other day, so they are on their way out.
Reply 4
what form is this? for uni students or A-levels?
Original post by Snurse
The form is an absolute beast, I always find forms like this really hard to understand. I wondered if anyone could help with the income from bank interest thing. I haven't had my bank account long, only since feb and have no yearly interest figure that can be supported by evidence. plus as my amount will probably go down significantly from september onwards how will i know what the interest will be, do you base it on the current amount? what did everyone else do to get their figure?

I think I may have answered you on another thread, but I'll answer here as well. :smile:

If you haven't got a significant interest figure, or can't get a compliments slip from the bank, then I would say leave it blank. When you reapply next year you can put in the interest figure then, when you've had your account for a full year.
Original post by sajidkhan
what form is this? for uni students or A-levels?

It's for university students who are going to be or are on NHS-funded degree and diploma courses.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
New students aren't contacted and provided with their customer reference number until mid-June, so about now. Your deadline is about 1st July I think, whereas returning students had to return theirs by 30th May.

You can fill the form now though (all 36-odd pages of it!), as it's all on the NHS bursary website.

I was told they wouldn't be sending out the reference numbers until july now, I have my form filled in and am just waiting.
Original post by Jordenfruitbat
I was told they wouldn't be sending out the reference numbers until july now, I have my form filled in and am just waiting.

Who told you that? That sounds terribly late, even for the NHS. Someone on the nursing forum said they rang up and were told 13th June.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Who told you that? That sounds terribly late, even for the NHS. Someone on the nursing forum said they rang up and were told 13th June.

My uni and the bursary people I rang up both :smile:
Reply 10
the deadline to send in forms is 24th June. thats what it says on my letter, sent mine off yesterday
Reply 11
got my letter yesterday- dead line for me is July 8th.
Reply 12
I phoned them yesterday as I havent recived my reference number yet and they said the deadline is march 2012 :confused:
Original post by marmitemad
got my letter yesterday- dead line for me is July 8th.

I just got mine today with the same deadline. Gonna make a start on the forms tomo I think.
Reply 14
Original post by xlizx
I phoned them yesterday as I havent recived my reference number yet and they said the deadline is march 2012 :confused:

well i think that is the absolute deadline, if you dont apply by then you dont get it full stop (6 months after start date)

the june/july deadlines are to ensure that you get it when you start uni
Reply 15
My deadline is 8th July. Still waiting for my brother's SLC letter so that I can submit it. NHSBSA said they won't accept a print out from his online account. :frown:
The deadlines differ depending on when you get your NHS number. They're sent out in batches by institution.
Reply 17
I haven't got my number yet, but (like loads of other people) I'm going on holiday in August and am reluctant to send my passport off as I know they'll probably not get it back in time!! Anyone else think the same? I havn't got a driving license to send instead :frown:

I'm thinking I might have to wait until after my holiday to sent the form back which is rubbish as I'll miss the deadline. The form does say that you have 6 months from the start of your course to get it in though..... Anyone got any advice?
Reply 18
I got a bursary form from my firm, when I send it back to them they will notify the NHS bursary unit who will then send me my reference number so it looks like I wont get mine for a while yet.
Original post by SeaJay
I haven't got my number yet, but (like loads of other people) I'm going on holiday in August and am reluctant to send my passport off as I know they'll probably not get it back in time!! Anyone else think the same? I havn't got a driving license to send instead :frown:

I'm thinking I might have to wait until after my holiday to sent the form back which is rubbish as I'll miss the deadline. The form does say that you have 6 months from the start of your course to get it in though..... Anyone got any advice?

This if from the NHS Bursary website:
If you are going abroad in the next six weeks and intend to send in your passport to confirm your identity, please delay making you bursary application until you return from your trip.

Application forms will only be valid if they are received by NHS Student Bursaries within 9 months of the 1st day of the academic year.

Hope that helps. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest