The Student Room Group

The Cider Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by laut_biru
How are you coping with an online forum then?

A quick question, liqueur or brandy, which will mix better with coke?

Because nobody actually reads anything on a forum, they only skim over stuff then assert their opinion. :tongue:

Depends what liqueur. If cherry, then YES.
Reply 181
Original post by superwolf
Because nobody actually reads anything on a forum, they only skim over stuff then assert their opinion. :tongue:

Depends what liqueur. If cherry, then YES.

I have glayva or apricot liqueur, so no cherry.
Reply 182
I have glayva or apricot liqueur, so no cherry.

What means glayva?
Reply 183
What means glayva?

It's a scotch whisky liqueur that apparently works well enough :tongue:
Reply 184
It's a scotch whisky liqueur that apparently works well enough :tongue:

In that case, both. And my Scottish spirit lifts its kilt at you.
Reply 185
Alcohol makes me so hungry :frown:
Reply 186
Original post by miser
Alcohol makes me so hungry :frown:

Alcohol makes me hungry... for human FLESH! *plays infectonator for 12 hours straight*
Reply 187
Alcohol makes me hungry... for human FLESH! *plays infectonator for 12 hours straight*

:frown: I just want a kebab
Reply 188
Original post by miser
:frown: I just want a kebab

Play infectonator, it'll make everything alright.

****, does anyone know what time it is? :confused:
Reply 189
Well I don't know about anyone else, but I call the inaugural Cider Society piss up a resounding success. At least three of us have got drunk, and at least one of us has had a good time. May all future Cider Society gatherings measure up to the great achievements of this one. *passes out*
Reply 190
Play infectonator, it'll make everything alright.

****, does anyone know what time it is? :confused:

Infectonator? nooo I am too drunk :frown:

tooooooooooooooooooo drunk
Too much mention of Brothers, Thatchers, Strongbow, Magners, Bulmers and other mass market, over carbonated dross in this thread *disapproves*

Support your locals! This summer, I shall be mostly consuming some of the guest locals - Autumn Mix (Thorveton), Sams Poundhouse (Produced at Winkleigh, Devon), Sunnybrook, Skippys (those last two are only available in one or two pubs that I know of and are produced in Throverton, Devon) and whatever scrumpys I can find... find a good pub that rotates guest ciders regularly, theres a couple here in Exeter that I frequent regularly.

NB this may not be possible outside of the West Country :tongue:
Reply 192
Oof, I drank a silly amount last night. My cider seems to be remarkably forgiving on the hangover side of things though. :yy:
Reply 193
UGHHHHHH

I am hungover. Just kind of like passed out at 4:40.
Reply 194
Original post by miser
UGHHHHHH

I am hungover. Just kind of like passed out at 4:40.

Admit defeat and go back to bed.
Right. I've been inspired to create my own cider. For starters I'm just going to try a couple of litres of basic apple :smile:

Anyone got any tips? What type of yeast works best? Any particular combination of juices? Best to use fresh fruit or just from concentrate stuff? I'm heading out shopping later so can acquirw the necessary ingredients
Reply 196
Original post by beesbees
Right. I've been inspired to create my own cider. For starters I'm just going to try a couple of litres of basic apple :smile:

Anyone got any tips? What type of yeast works best? Any particular combination of juices? Best to use fresh fruit or just from concentrate stuff? I'm heading out shopping later so can acquirw the necessary ingredients

The recipe I use just needs ordinary baking yeast, the kind that comes in sachets. Definitely use fresh juice, and make sure it doesn't have anything else added in (vitamin C's alright though). I've been using Copella, and it's been giving me good results.

In terms of equipment, I've just been using 2l fizzy drinks bottles, a funnel, and a plastic tube to use as a siphon to separate the yeast out (not essential, but it's only about £2 on ebay).

Have fun, and be sure and post how it turns out.
Reply 197
Admit defeat and go back to bed.

Noooo I'm awake now and I have to go get a bus pass. :smile:
Reply 198
Original post by miser
Noooo I'm awake now and I have to go get a bus pass. :smile:

That sounds like a disgustingly healthy attitude to take, I hope that you're ashamed of yourself.
Reply 199
That sounds like a disgustingly healthy attitude to take, I hope that you're ashamed of yourself.

Life's all about balance. I'll get wrecked again to make up for it. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest