The Student Room Group

The Cider Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
I re-bottled mine earlier, tried a bit too, doesn't taste nearly as nice as how it smelt the other day...could it be that I left it too long maybe? Still, not too bad though
Reply 361
Original post by hobo06
I re-bottled mine earlier, tried a bit too, doesn't taste nearly as nice as how it smelt the other day...could it be that I left it too long maybe? Still, not too bad though

Does it taste a bit vinegary? If so, you probably left it too long. It's still nice if you drink it with lemonade though.
Reply 362
Original post by superwolf
Does it taste a bit vinegary? If so, you probably left it too long. It's still nice if you drink it with lemonade though.

I can't remember to be honest, only had a little bit. But if it does taste a bit odd when I come to drink it properly then I'll try with lemonade.
I'll probably start making some more tomorrow too, and leave it less time
Apple and mango cider turned out pretty damn good. :awesome:
Reply 364
Original post by Sabertooth
Apple and mango cider turned out pretty damn good. :awesome:

Pictures! I demand to see pictures.
Original post by superwolf
Pictures! I demand to see pictures.

There isn't much left for some reason :flute:

Looks just like orange juice.
Reply 366

That is definitely the healthiest looking cider either of us has produced yet. Did you try drinking any for breakfast?

My cider's looking good, all pink and lovely. :h:
Original post by beesbees
haha, nothing says 'tragic' more than drinking a can of "white ace" with "75p" blazened across it...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/apr/17/cider-industry-protected-expense-alcoholics relevent article :tongue:

Is it wrong the main thing I took from that article was a disgust at how much tax drinkers have to pay! It's insane really

'super-strength lager such as Kestrel sells for £1.20 a can, of which the Treasury takes £1.04, leaving 16p.'

I have never had this Kestral drink, but to think the same probably applies to my favorite beers is displeasing.
Original post by AlexInWonderland
Is it wrong the main thing I took from that article was a disgust at how much tax drinkers have to pay! It's insane really

'super-strength lager such as Kestrel sells for £1.20 a can, of which the Treasury takes £1.04, leaving 16p.'

I have never had this Kestral drink, but to think the same probably applies to my favorite beers is displeasing.

All the more reason to brew your own (even though you're paying 20% on the ingredients through VAT...) :tongue:
All the more reason to brew your own (even though you're paying 20% on the ingredients through VAT...) :tongue:

Better than 80-90%!

As I have plenty of time, I'm gonna try it :biggrin:

Original post by rmhumphries
Better than 80-90%!

Shocking that it's as bad as the cost of petrol
Having a bottle of Magners the now with my curry. Not a conneisseurs choice I know, but still tasty.
Reply 372
Currently got our Society Anthem stuck in my head. I am a cider drinker... Oh arr oh arr ay!
Reply 373
Just joined up. As a Devonian, cider is a naturally occurring part of my diet. But I have to say the very best cider is thus:

Dry, crisp, heavenly. The best I've ever had, and I've had a good few.
Reply 374
I'm currently rather trashed from drinking poor mans kopperberg it taste's so nice you can't really taste the booze thus making it rather dangerous as you knock it back like no tomorrow :ninja:
So you've met Crazy Paving irl?
Original post by aliluvschoc
The best I've ever had, and I've had a good few.

Penguins quote out of context of the day :awesome:

Spoiler

On topic: Is there really any better way to end a long, boring shift at work than with a nice cold Magners Pear Cider over ice? :coma:
Reply 376
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
So you've met Crazy Paving irl?

Penguins quote out of context of the day :awesome:

Spoiler

On topic: Is there really any better way to end a long, boring shift at work than with a nice cold Magners Pear Cider over ice? :coma:

Well I'm glad someone got it! :lol:

Oh I can't touch Pear Cider, far too sweet.
Original post by aliluvschoc
Well I'm glad someone got it! :lol:

Oh I can't touch Pear Cider, far too sweet.

:hat2:

I agree that some can be (bulmers :eviltongue:) but magners is just.. :sexface:

Iirc Wetherspoons are having a cider/real ale festival soon :biggrin:
Reply 378
Hello!!!

Well I just saw this group pop up on my TSR home page thingymabob and thought "OMG THAT IS FOR ME".

I have enjoyed cider for a while now but last September I moved to Bristol where I really began to taste real cider....yum yum yum!! Also went to the Bristol Cider Festival in February which was amazing (though I don't remember the latter half of the evening for obvious reasons).

Now I've moved to Cambridge which probably not as good for varieties of Cider, but we'll see :smile:

Glad to be the newest member :biggrin:

Was it easy to do? Am really tempted to have a go me-self

Quick Reply

Latest