The Student Room Group

The Cider Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Delta_Aitch
rofl, I will actually cry if you don't show us pics.

Make that your incentive :teeth:

But what if I like making people cry? :tongue:
Original post by superwolf
But what if I like making people cry? :tongue:

Cider drinkers are not evil, m8 :hand:
Reply 22
Original post by zedbrar
You get my approval :h: Been drinking the stella artois cider today. First time trying it. It seems to be too much a strongbow copy tbh :s-smilie:

I never knew stella artois did cider. I'm not much of a strongbow fan though, so maybe I'd better steer clear of it. What I'd really like to try is some proper Somerset scrumpy. :drool:
Reply 23
Cider drinkers are not evil, m8 :hand:

Well I certainly drink a lot of cider, so that means I can't possibly be evil. Yay for me. :party:
I never knew stella artois did cider. I'm not much of a strongbow fan though, so maybe I'd better steer clear of it. What I'd really like to try is some proper Somerset scrumpy. :drool:

It's quite new in the UK. I have been meaning to try it for a while. A few people i know have drunk it and reviewed it quite highly, so i couldn;t wait to try it. But i found it almost a carbon copy of Strongbow in all seriousness. Give me some good old scrumpy anyday :h:

Here is a BBC article about the cider

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12354139
Well I certainly drink a lot of cider, so that means I can't possibly be evil. Yay for me. :party:

Damn tootin' straight.

What apples did you use? And could I just as easily replace the apples with the pears and make a pear and cherry cider? :holmes:
Also, what other fruits can I use?

:blah:
As soon as I know where I'm meant to be living I'm going to make some more cider, I'll post pics in here. Turned out pretty well last time, well above your average strength cider, only thing was I think I left it a little too long so it turned vinegary way too quickly.
Reply 27
Damn tootin' straight.

What apples did you use? And could I just as easily replace the apples with the pears and make a pear and cherry cider? :holmes:
Also, what other fruits can I use?

:blah:

I just used shop-bought juice, so I skipped the whole pressing stage. At the moment I'm using copella, which has got a few good juices - I did apple and pear last time, which was pretty good - but for the next time I might make it with pear juice only and see how that works out, or buy from this grocer's which sells different varieties of apple juice.

Unless if you pressed the cherries yourself I don't know if you could get pure cherry juice, but you could try buying the copella apple and cherry then mixing it half and half with pear juice. Any juice should work, so long as it hasn't got anything more than vitamin C added to it.
Reply 28
Oh, this sounds lovely!
Having lived in Hereford for a while, I approve heartily of this society.

Can't beat a lovely pint of Stowford Press. Yummeh.
I just used shop-bought juice, so I skipped the whole pressing stage. At the moment I'm using copella, which has got a few good juices - I did apple and pear last time, which was pretty good - but for the next time I might make it with pear juice only and see how that works out, or buy from this grocer's which sells different varieties of apple juice.

Unless if you pressed the cherries yourself I don't know if you could get pure cherry juice, but you could try buying the copella apple and cherry then mixing it half and half with pear juice. Any juice should work, so long as it hasn't got anything more than vitamin C added to it.

Ohhh delicious :coma:

Thanks, bro. I will try this soon enough :yes:
Reply 31
This is where brewing your own comes in. I've currently got 3.5l of apple and cherry cider on the go, and it can't have cost me more than £2.50 for all the ingredients. It's smelling good so far, but it won't be ready for another week yet. *drools impatiently*

ZOMG... That sounds amazing!!
*plots to make own*...

Nomnomnomkopparberg :love:
Reply 32
:coma:
Oh hi :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by rmhumphries
Oh hi :smile:

:hi:
Reply 35
:excited:
Reply 36
Henry Westons 'nuff said....

I did brewing for ages, mostly base spirit which I would then distill or drink with fruit squash but I've been trying to make a good cider en masse for a very long time now...
Reply 37
:hi:

Some flavours that you might like to try:

Apple & Elderflower

Apple & Rhubarb

Apple & Oak

Pear & Grape

Pear & Vanilla

Strongbow is the Fosters of cider tbh.
Reply 39
Original post by Huskaris
Henry Westons 'nuff said....

I did brewing for ages, mostly base spirit which I would then distill or drink with fruit squash but I've been trying to make a good cider en masse for a very long time now...

What's base spirit, just generic alcohol? It sounds intoxicating.

Original post by GQ.
Some flavours that you might like to try:

Apple & Elderflower

Apple & Rhubarb

Apple & Oak

Pear & Grape

Pear & Vanilla

Holy ****, why didn't I think of apple and elderflower? That's going on the list for certain. :yy: Pear and vanilla sounds good too - would you use a vanilla pod or just mix in some extract?

Quick Reply

Latest