The Student Room Group

The Cider Society

This society is dedicated to the brewing and consumption of delicious cider. All inebriates are most welcome to join.

Click here for a simple recipe that produces excellent high alcohol percentage cider in under two weeks.

The Cider Society anthem.

Our motto.

(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's about time we had one of these. :biggrin:
Reply 2
:beer: I approve of this :biggrin:

I'm gunna put me some Hayseed Dixie on and buy some scrumpy.
(edited 12 years ago)
I APPROVE :cheers:

That said, I am only just getting into cider and only really like the very sweet ones (Kopperburg, St Heliers etc.) until I'm drunk enough to appreciate a good pint of Strongbow :moon:
Reply 4
I've created a society now, just need to wait for approval by the mods.
Cider is incredible. :sogood:
Reply 6
Aah, my first alcoholic drink was a Magners. Damn tasty
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Delta_Aitch
I APPROVE :cheers:

That said, I am only just getting into cider and only really like the very sweet ones (Kopperburg, St Heliers etc.) until I'm drunk enough to appreciate a good pint of Strongbow :moon:

You should try brewing your own, that way you can make it as sweet as you like. I made some good pear cider the other week which was quite sweet, plus I think the extra sugar made it all the more alcoholic. :drool: I like the mixed fruits kopparberg which tastes like ribena (although it feels dangerously like you're not drinking alcohol at all).
Reply 8
YES!! You sir, are a genius :biggrin:
Original post by superwolf
You should try brewing your own, that way you can make it as sweet as you like. I made some good pear cider the other week which was quite sweet, plus I think the extra sugar made it all the more alcoholic. :drool: I like the mixed fruits kopparberg which tastes like ribena (although it feels dangerously like you're not drinking alcohol at all).

Haha I might actually try that during the summer. I have suuuch a sweet-tooth!

Yeah, they don't even taste very alcoholic, it's a dangerous game we're playing. Brothers cider is amazing, also - I really want to try the ginger flavour one, though.

I can literally down a pear Kopparberg, now. It used to be too fizzy for me, but it's fine now :proud: Harder from a can, though :colonhash:
Bulmers Ciderrrrrrrr Phoarrrrr
Cornish Rattler is where it's at
Reply 12
Pear and Summer Fruits Koppaburg, perhaps the best drink ever invented :biggrin:

Which unfortunately is often reflected in the price...
Original post by 04ghicks
Pear and Summer Fruits Koppaburg, perhaps the best drink ever invented :biggrin:

:sadnod:
Such bad times, tbh.
Reply 14
Original post by 04ghicks

:sadnod:
Such bad times, tbh.

This is where brewing your own comes in. I've currently got 3.5l of apple and cherry cider on the go, and it can't have cost me more than £2.50 for all the ingredients. It's smelling good so far, but it won't be ready for another week yet. *drools impatiently*
This is where brewing your own comes in. I've currently got 3.5l of apple and cherry cider on the go, and it can't have cost me more than £2.50 for all the ingredients. It's smelling good so far, but it won't be ready for another week yet. *drools impatiently*

APPLE AND CHERRY? Holy crap, I am now really jelly. Will your promise to show us a pic when it's ready?? I am imagining it to have a delicious pink hue :coma:
Reply 16
We've been approved as a society, there's a link to join in the OP.

I reckon we should wait a few days to get some members, then pick a date for our first piss up. :biggrin:
Reply 17
APPLE AND CHERRY? Holy crap, I am now really jelly. Will your promise to show us a pic when it's ready?? I am imagining it to have a delicious pink hue :coma:

It is quite a cool pink colour, yes. Pictures will be forthcoming (must remember to take some before I start boozing, I'm a terrible photographer at the best of times...).
It is quite a cool pink colour, yes. Pictures will be forthcoming (must remember to take some before I start boozing, I'm a terrible photographer at the best of times...).

rofl, I will actually cry if you don't show us pics.

Make that your incentive :teeth:
You get my approval :h: Been drinking the stella artois cider today. First time trying it. It seems to be too much a strongbow copy tbh :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest