The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham postgrads 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Will be in Birmingham on September 17 and by the way who is planning to go to freshers fest?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 41
Original post by VKulesh
Will be in Birmingham on September 17 and by the way who is planning to go to freshers fest?

I do! =D I wanna party hard! xD I think you can already buy the tickets.

In a few days we will have more information about it, I think.
Hi!

Just thought id introduce myself!

Ill be doing Msc Geotechnical Engineering up in brum this year! I know birmingham fairly well ive lived just south of brum for 21 years exept for 3 years in plymouth! so if you have any questions about the centre fireaway!

When is freshers in brum? i've only just sent my acceptence letter back to them and i wouldnt mind 1 last freshers week in plymouth haha :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by brummiebiker
Hi!

Just thought id introduce myself!

Ill be doing Msc Geotechnical Engineering up in brum this year! I know birmingham fairly well ive lived just south of brum for 21 years exept for 3 years in plymouth! so if you have any questions about the centre fireaway!

When is freshers in brum? i've only just sent my acceptence letter back to them and i wouldnt mind 1 last freshers week in plymouth haha :biggrin:

I think some parties will start in 17th of September =)

Check out these links:

http://www.freshersfest.com

http://www.guildtickets.co.uk/
Reply 44
This thread is to quite!

Is anyone here going to buy a package for the freshers fest?
Reply 45
Original post by Mad4footie
I was all excited about starting at Brum in September but I've had a think about my career goals and now i'm thinking of declining the offer and accepting Aberdeen's offer for MSc in management, economics and international relations.

I know Brum is a really good uni (definately better than Aberdeen), and i'm sure i'd have fun living in Birmingham but as i would like to stay in the UK when i'm done with my degree (I'm an international student), a business degree would be more helpful in getting a job than a degree in development management. I was all set to accept the aberdeen offer, then i got an accommodation offer from brum now i'm excited again.

Help! How difficult do you think it would be for an international student to get a job in the private sector with a degree in Development Management?

Hiya there, I know this thread is pretty old, but I was looking to apply for the International Development course for the September 2015 cohort. I'm already a student at the University of Birmingham studying a social sciences course. I haven't really spoke to anyone from the (IDD) department yet in regards to the admissions, but will do eventually in the new year. I'm looking to graduate with a high 2:2, but might just graduate with a 2:1.

I was just wondering with what grade did you manage to get onto the course with and whether you still had your personal statement that you submitted to get onto the course with at all?

Any help will be great thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending