The Student Room Group

Allergies Maybe?

Since I've been home from uni, I've had itchy eyes, scratchy throat/ears, runny nose, bit of a cough... I rarely get spots, but my chins covered. And then today, its developed into a bit of a rash. I even have spots on my back too, which I never get. I feel really itchy and rubbish. I keep needing the loo way too often.

Any advice on what this could be? It's not severe enough to go to the doctors, I don't feel like death just yet. We have lots of cats and a few dogs which could be the answer, but I babysat last night in a house where they have NO animals - and I was awful. I've banned all animals from my room but I'm not convinced its making much of a difference. I really wish I just had an idea of what might be causing this though... Suggestions from anyone?

p.s. I forgot to add - in the past 18 years, i've never had an allergy to cats/dogs. Horses I get quite bad around more recently mind.
Anonymous
Since I've been home from uni, I've had itchy eyes, scratchy throat/ears, runny nose, bit of a cough... I rarely get spots, but my chins covered. And then today, its developed into a bit of a rash. I even have spots on my back too, which I never get. I feel really itchy and rubbish. I keep needing the loo way too often.

Any advice on what this could be? It's not severe enough to go to the doctors, I don't feel like death just yet. We have lots of cats and a few dogs which could be the answer, but I babysat last night in a house where they have NO animals - and I was awful. I've banned all animals from my room but I'm not convinced its making much of a difference. I really wish I just had an idea of what might be causing this though... Suggestions from anyone?

p.s. I forgot to add - in the past 18 years, i've never had an allergy to cats/dogs. Horses I get quite bad around more recently mind.

It could be an allergy, although the fact that you've got quite a few different symptoms is a little odd.
I've got a really bad dust mite allergy, which although I'm a lot better now I'm on tablets for it- I still have a sort of semi-permanent cold, and itchy eyes. This sort of allergy (sneezy, itchy eyes) is the most common - and can be caused by loads of different things. However, if its come on really suddenly it could be something different.
I'd go to the doctors if I were you. I suffered for years with mine (well, I say suffered - twas just like having a bad head cold for most of the year, so maybe 'suffering' is a bit of an exaggeration) Allergy tests are fairly easy and painless, and at least it will put your mind at rest! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending