The Student Room Group

Physics Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

got A*AB but manchester have given me my place anyway. very happy
Reply 1981
Original post by alcimedes

Well done!! What did you get your A* in? :smile:

I got into Sheffield with AAB, I'm so damn relieved haha. Is anyone else off to Sheffield here?
I have a place at Birmingham University! Yay!
Original post by PhysicsMan
I have a place at Birmingham University! Yay!

Ditto! See you there! :ahee:
Wooo got into Durham! A*s in Physics, Maths and Further Maths, and A in Chemistry and a B in General Studies. Much better than i was hoping for.
120/120 in all 3 Physics exams, words can't describe the joy :awesome:
Original post by Benniboi1
120/120 in all 3 Physics exams, words can't describe the joy :awesome:

Jealous :frown:
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Jealous :frown:

To be honest, I can't beat what you did though and I was rejected from Durham for Physics, so there's jealousy both ways :tongue:
Got A* in physics to go with my maths A* from last year :smile:
Chemistry was one off an A* ...
Further Maths A at the moment, with one result pending.

Very happy, off to Durham in september :smile:
Reply 1989
2 UMS off an A in physics! Ah well, got my A in maths so i'm into York :smile:
Got into Durham, A* in maths, physics and chemistry and an A in AS further maths. hell yeah :biggrin:
Original post by Benniboi1
To be honest, I can't beat what you did though and I was rejected from Durham for Physics, so there's jealousy both ways :tongue:

But such amazing marks across all the exams, I completely crumbled Unit 3 and got like an E if I remember right, stupid helicopter question.
A*A*A, and I have my place at Manchester University.

So relieved! :smile:
Original post by Carinaea

I got into Sheffield with AAB, I'm so damn relieved haha. Is anyone else off to Sheffield here?

I firmed my unconditional for Physics at Sheffield back in June, see you in September! Should we set up a Physics freshers group of facebook or something?
Original post by Carinaea

physics. was 1 mark off in maths (89 and 90 ums). Further maths not so great. school want remarks done but I'm not bothered as I have my place. might get my scripts back to see what I messed up though.
Ireally liked Sheffield when I went to the visit day. have fun
Original post by 003andabit

see you there!. my info pack arrived today-they're very fast off the block.I'm doing Theoretical.
Original post by 003andabit

see you there!. my info pack arrived today-they're very fast off the block.I'm doing Theoretical.

Same as both you guys. A*A*A which was a huge relief! See you both in September!
Original post by myfriendSQRT(-1)
Same as both you guys. A*A*A which was a huge relief! See you both in September!

feels great doesn't it? wonder if I should start reading some textbooks before I get there since everyone else has higher grades than me!
(edited 11 years ago)

I got A*AB as well but Manchester still accepted me also, I was suprised at this because they said last year there was no lenience and even people who got AAA were still rejected. Perhaps there were fewer applicants this year?
A*AA I'll see you guys at Manchester too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending