The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Boristhethird

under the rear sear

Spoiler

Ah, does that not warm your bottom up? Though I guess you can't melt your shoes as easily.

Bathwiggle
:love:

Chilledice
:loveduck:

Riderz
x

I need some time alone with some textbooks to clear my head so I don't fail from procrastination. Please don't pine too much for me I'll be back after my exams.
Reply 21
Original post by Bathwiggle
Most of the time its easier to get out of their way. I've been run into the central reservation, had a woman drive on to my exhaust (she got pulled over once i managed to get her to realise i wasn't going to move because if i moved the leg holding the bike up it was going to fall, and then a mouthful), turn right in front of me (ok i followed him, stopped him driving and screamed at him) but most of the time they don't even realise they've done something wrong.

Yea, I've heard all about becoming entire invisible sadly. Sounds like a blast... You're a blatant psycho :mmm:

You have a hareem? :hmmm:
Reply 22
Original post by Lantana
Ah, does that not warm your bottom up? Though I guess you can't melt your shoes as easily.

I need some time alone with some textbooks to clear my head so I don't fail from procrastination. Please don't pine too much for me I'll be back after my exams.

:cry: but i can't manage life without you. I'll get you on facebook if need be :biggrin:

Original post by R-KAM
Yea, I've heard all about becoming entire invisible sadly. Sounds like a blast... You're a blatant psycho :mmm:

You have a hareem? :hmmm:

Well if you look at it... currently, lantana, landy, jno riderz, you're probably considered part of it, then a collection in real life, plus texan... i have lots of men, plus a few women.. :angel:

you did, same time as you where planning on getting a house, with a massive garage.

I'll try and remember to change it. TY for remembering :biggrin:
you haven't lost your ninja have you

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/kawazaki-ninger-250r-no-log-book/82632676

and on a lighter note, just back from cycling the 6 mile round trip to scouts.
boy that was a shock to the system, i really need to get fit again (bloody motorbikes, i used to do that kind of thing for fun!)

kawazaki ninger, really? Anyone else think it's been nicked? I did let my sister's boyfriend have a key to garage for five minutes today to have a look at the beemer, he's probably nicked the ninja then!

Original post by Lantana
I need to become a hermit.

Good luck! Stay sane and we'll see you soon-ish? :smile:
Original post by Chilledice
kawazaki ninger, really? Anyone else think it's been nicked? I did let my sister's boyfriend have a key to garage for five minutes today to have a look at the beemer, he's probably nicked the ninja then!

detective boris has been on the case, and found the owner :w00t:
trying to get the police involved, but only the owner can do that - and the number he has posted is dead.
http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic839548-58-3.aspx#bm839680
http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=667326#p667326
detective boris has been on the case, and found the owner :w00t:
trying to get the police involved, but only the owner can do that - and the number he has posted is dead.
http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic839548-58-3.aspx#bm839680
http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=667326#p667326

Hmm, it went missing 2 years ago? Strange!
Hmm, it went missing 2 years ago? Strange!

after contacting the seller, its been sitting for a while, and is in his mates lock up, with some quads.
Reply 27

Well if you look at it... currently, lantana, landy, jno riderz, you're probably considered part of it, then a collection in real life, plus texan... i have lots of men, plus a few women.. :angel:

Is that my evil twin?
Reply 28
Original post by Juno
Is that my evil twin?

yes, but you are far better than her.

shhh...i still can't type on an ipad.
Original post by Juno
Is that my evil twin?

no, you are the evil twin :lol:
Reply 30
no, you are the evil twin :lol:

don't be mean, or I shall set myself onto you
Reply 31
Original post by Juno

:lol: boris be afraid... be very very afraid!
Original post by Juno

:afraid:
Come join in the motorbike society, whether you ride, like watching bike racing, or saw a pretty bike go past. We don't bite, and even if the thread seems of topic, we will always help with any bike questions.

Off*
Reply 34
Off*

TY hun, i've also changed the wording in some of the expanding boxes bits if you're bored.
Hey guys, I'm a "cager" desiring a change to biker. Always wanted to drive a car just for the sake of getting about and not relying on public transport. Fed up driving a car around, and being stuck in city traffic seeing motorcyclists filter on by, or just watching them ride by certainly has its elegance. I'm 20 in December, have my full car licence for 14 months and I've my first motorcycle lesson booked for the 9th of July. I'm a little confused about the way the direct access works. I'll be 20 before I'd take my tests, so would I be eligible for doing direct access? and if not, I'd just have to wait 2 years after the date of getting my full license?

Aiming to get a Suzuki SV650 as a first bike restricted, nice machine and heard brilliant things about it, especially for a first bike. :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by MrMagicMushroom
Hey guys, I'm a "cager" desiring a change to biker. Always wanted to drive a car just for the sake of getting about and not relying on public transport. Fed up driving a car around, and being stuck in city traffic seeing motorcyclists filter on by, or just watching them ride by certainly has its elegance. I'm 20 in December, have my full car licence for 14 months and I've my first motorcycle lesson booked for the 9th of July. I'm a little confused about the way the direct access works. I'll be 20 before I'd take my tests, so would I be eligible for doing direct access? and if not, I'd just have to wait 2 years after the date of getting my full license?

Aiming to get a Suzuki SV650 as a first bike restricted, nice machine and heard brilliant things about it, especially for a first bike. :smile:

NO read the op :facepalm:

DAS is done at 21, no sooner. You'd have to the restricted license, pass, buy the sv, then fit a restrictor for 2 years, then after 2 years de restrict it.

Is the OP that confusing???? if so i'll try and re word

ACTUALLY. scrap that, check with your local bike shop as i'm not sure if NI does things slightly differently.

I have a full powered sv. they are fun :biggrin: mine now has twin pipes and makes lots of noise, and likes going round corners. I have an earlier one, and for filtering the wing mirrors fold in meaning i can fit through smaller places. She's pretty and fun :biggrin:

Landyjon has a restricted sv
Reply 37
I have a motorbike lesson Thursday. Did I tell you? ::afraid:
NO read the op :facepalm:

DAS is done at 21, no sooner. You'd have to the restricted license, pass, buy the sv, then fit a restrictor for 2 years, then after 2 years de restrict it.

Is the OP that confusing???? if so i'll try and re word

ACTUALLY. scrap that, check with your local bike shop as i'm not sure if NI does things slightly differently.

I have a full powered sv. they are fun :biggrin: mine now has twin pipes and makes lots of noise, and likes going round corners. I have an earlier one, and for filtering the wing mirrors fold in meaning i can fit through smaller places. She's pretty and fun :biggrin:

Landyjon has a restricted sv

Everywhere I've read it has confused me, so its not you! Thread was well made and informative, thumbs up for that lad! Nireland didn't have the CBT till the end of February so some things might be different. Will ask my instructor during my lesson.

How much did it cost you? tax and insurance? Newer or older they are all very nice machines, and seem to perform very well regardless of age.

Landyjon how do you find it restricted?
Reply 39
Original post by Juno
I have a motorbike lesson Thursday. Did I tell you? ::afraid:

nooo! have fun :biggrin:

Original post by MrMagicMushroom
Everywhere I've read it has confused me, so its not you! Thread was well made and informative, thumbs up for that lad! Nireland didn't have the CBT till the end of February so some things might be different. Will ask my instructor during my lesson.

How much did it cost you? tax and insurance? Newer or older they are all very nice machines, and seem to perform very well regardless of age.

Landyjon how do you find it restricted?

Now you're just insulting me. I'm a lass. keep digging :tongue:

The sv was £1800 3 years ago with only 4000 miles on the clock. it's a 2000 model of curvy. i'm 23 and it costs me £200 fc with 4 years no claims. when i got it it was £300 fc i think. Tax is £75 now.

If you want an sv it might be worth going over to here

When you find out what goes on for NI let me know and i'll add it to the op please
(edited 12 years ago)