The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bathwiggle
:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: I know what it is-s i know what it is-s.

Spoiler

How much time/effort is that to fix?

Doesn't sound like the worst thing it could have been.
Original post by MHorman
How much time/effort is that to fix?

Doesn't sound like the worst thing it could have been.

So no idea, i'm hoping the amazingly smart, handsome and clever men (josh and riderz looking at you here) might be able to tell me
(edited 12 years ago)
Well my parts for the SV have been delivered so at least there's some news. Now just got to wait for the cylinder to be rebored and for it all to be put back together and then I can get my baby back.

First thing I am going to do when she's fixed up is take her up on the Moors. Don't care what the weather's going to be like, it'll be the first time I've been able to take her for a proper ride in well over a month!

So no idea, i'm hoping the amazingly smart, handsome and clear men (josh and riderz looking at you here) might be able to tell me

depending on the design, split the whole engine, orrrrrr, could be as simple as taking the sprocket off, pull off the seal cover and change the seal or o ring.

got to get that sprocket off first though. any luck?
Reply 4564
Original post by crazyjoyce
depending on the design, split the whole engine, orrrrrr, could be as simple as taking the sprocket off, pull off the seal cover and change the seal or o ring.

:ditto:

sounds like the sprockets to me, too :yep:
Both Svs have broken and the fazer is still working fine.

*Touch wood* Leaving on it in 5 mins to the gf's house.
Reply 4566
Original post by MHorman

Yes, but you know what I'm going to say here
Original post by crazyjoyce

The sv sprocket i put on, i can get it off again :biggrin:
Cbr sproket is being dealt with tomorrow. If i hope that it's the second want to put money on it being the first option? Might see if i can locate the haynes tomorrow.

Original post by MHorman

Your fazer hasn't been half as abused as my sv! let me have a go and i'm sure i can change it.. I have missed my cans though
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4568
Ok so i've got my old 1999 Piaggio Zip 50cc in my shed atm and i'm wondering how much a replacement 50cc motor would be. I've had the bike since November 2009 and, despite passing my car test and getting a car in march 2011, still used it for short journeys (i.e. to the hotel where i work). On my route from the hotel there's a steep, straight downhill part on which i would try and max the moped whenever i came home from work (it would do 50+ mph with me leaning forward thanks to being derestricted). On one night in June i was coming home from work and was gunning it down the hill as usual but the engine suddenly cut out on me near the bottom. I had a look at the engine when i eventually got the bike home and the spark plug had popped out so i put it back in but it wouldn't start. I checked to make sure it was in properly and it was but it still wouldn't start. Its been left standing for 8 months now and i figure i'd be better off getting a new engine altogether for it. Does anyone out there have any idea how much one would cost roughly from either a breakers yard or for an entirely new engine?
person who wanted to buy my bike for £900, didn't get the free £1800 he was expecting, so doesn't want my bike any more :frown:

and the fork seal has gone :frown:

Original post by M4LLY
Ok so i've got my old 1999 Piaggio Zip 50cc in my shed atm and i'm wondering how much a replacement 50cc motor would be. I've had the bike since November 2009 and, despite passing my car test and getting a car in march 2011, still used it for short journeys (i.e. to the hotel where i work). On my route from the hotel there's a steep, straight downhill part on which i would try and max the moped whenever i came home from work (it would do 50+ mph with me leaning forward thanks to being derestricted). On one night in June i was coming home from work and was gunning it down the hill as usual but the engine suddenly cut out on me near the bottom. I had a look at the engine when i eventually got the bike home and the spark plug had popped out so i put it back in but it wouldn't start. I checked to make sure it was in properly and it was but it still wouldn't start. Its been left standing for 8 months now and i figure i'd be better off getting a new engine altogether for it. Does anyone out there have any idea how much one would cost roughly from either a breakers yard or for an entirely new engine?

personally, id have a go at fixing it, new engines can be costly.
Original post by Juno
Yes, but you know what I'm going to say here

That fazers are really awesome and look good and you're jealous and want one always?

I'm pretty sure i saw a post of yours saying that, well, i could make one say that anyway... :wink:

Your fazer hasn't been half as abused as my sv! let me have a go and i'm sure i can change it.. I have missed my cans though

Tbh you haven't seen how careless i am at times. And my fazer has been thrown down the road at 50mph ish so it's not like it's treated perfectly.

I miss the loud pipe every so often but i do like the stealthiness at times as well.
Reply 4572
Hi everyone,
I'm thinking of taking my 33bhp bike test soon. By the time it comes to taking it I would have been riding for a year. Will I need to take a course of some kind or will I be able to do the test straight away??
Original post by AndyD66
Hi everyone,
I'm thinking of taking my 33bhp bike test soon. By the time it comes to taking it I would have been riding for a year. Will I need to take a course of some kind or will I be able to do the test straight away??

i did a course, (riding for a year on L plates)

'would recommend doing at least a 3 day one (i did 5)
Reply 4574
Original post by MHorman
That fazers are really awesome and look good and you're jealous and want one always?

I'm pretty sure i saw a post of yours saying that, well, i could make one say that anyway... :wink:

Anything you can do I've already done better
Original post by MHorman

Fazers are awesome. Mmmmm....
Reply 4576
So I just saw my car for first time in almost 2 weeks. It looked much better, but it wasn't great, still a bit of work needs to be done.

Apparently the guy who was straightening the "chelsea" or what ever (my mechanic is from east europe), has broke his hand so he can't do anything about it till he gets better. He said he's gonna secure my right light and sort out the bonnet so it'll close properly. Should get it back by the end of the day. The car is drive-able but I'll probably have to get it properly sorted later on...

Does anyone know how I can go about sorting the crack in my wind-screen? Someone told me it can be done for free with auto-glass repair with my insurance? I'm on a comprehensive with coop young drivers.
Original post by Juno
Anything you can do I've already done better

I was jokingly implying i was going to just use my powers to edit your post to be praising the fazer for it's smazingness and prettiness but never mind.
How have you already done better? Or did you used to do this for lulz when you were a mod?

Original post by La Trampa
Fazers are awesome. Mmmmm....

This person speaks a lot of sense. Just saying that i think they have awesome taste in motorbikes.

@La Trampa. You ride a motorbike or just admire the excellent engineering that is the fazer?
Reply 4578
Original post by MHorman
I was jokingly implying i was going to just use my powers to edit your post to be praising the fazer for it's smazingness and prettiness but never mind.
How have you already done better? Or did you used to do this for lulz when you were a mod?

Only occasionally
Original post by MHorman

@La Trampa. You ride a motorbike or just admire the excellent engineering that is the fazer?

You've obviously forgotten her! that chat up isn't going to work!

Latest

Trending

Trending