The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I bet i can convince him to let me take it out! can i try :tongue:.. he might get it back
Reply 5341
Original post by Bathwiggle
I bet i can convince him to let me take it out! can i try :tongue:.. he might get it back

Umm no =p although that said I have actually ridden it...was so lovely... ahhh :^_^:
Original post by F4LL3N
Umm no =p although that said I have actually ridden it...was so lovely... ahhh :^_^:

Spoil sport :frown:

Original post by Boristhethird
ive been on a rideout all day, t'was great fun!
and i dont wasn't the slowest!

Well done! Was chatting to a random man about you yesterday (a bigger bros turned up at the diner) and apparently he's been on a midnight ride out with you and the LB's. That was a slightly small world!

Oh and i have a new game. I've lost pet. He was on the sofa last ngiht when i went to bed and he's not now, the vans gone and the bikes still here. Anyone want to find him for me?
Reply 5343

Oh and i have a new game. I've lost pet. He was on the sofa last ngiht when i went to bed and he's not now, the vans gone and the bikes still here. Anyone want to find him for me?

Has he left his wallet? :beard:
Original post by Juno
Has he left his wallet? :beard:

He's left me with £200 in cash, his laptop, bike gear, keys for the bike. So he's probably got his wallet on him but not much else.
Reply 5345
He's left me with £200 in cash, his laptop, bike gear, keys for the bike. So he's probably got his wallet on him but not much else.

No credit card? This means no online spending spree :emo:

I'm going to ride Ugs soon :smile: We're going on an Easter Egg hunt.
Original post by Juno
No credit card? This means no online spending spree :emo:

I'm going to ride Ugs soon :smile: We're going on an Easter Egg hunt.

That's in his leathers!

Have fun, i'm waiting for my bother to contact me so i can drive to birmingham to collect him :rolleyes:

Well done! Was chatting to a random man about you yesterday (a bigger bros turned up at the diner) and apparently he's been on a midnight ride out with you and the LB's. That was a slightly small world!

i went on a midnight rideout a while ago, t'was good fun (a slow paced thing through london - more sightseeing then rideout :tongue:)
though i dont remeber anoter bros.

and whys this so cheap?
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=176919
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Boristhethird
i went on a midnight rideout a while ago, t'was good fun (a slow paced thing through london - more sightseeing then rideout :tongue:)
though i dont remeber anoter bros.

and whys this so cheap?
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=176919

He's on a vfr8 i think. He just knew who you were!

Oh sally's bike (she;s lovely i know her) it's being sold as 'she doesn't know if it works or not' so i'll list it at £1500 and if it doesn't start as the batteries flat it;s not her fault. And it's got scuffs and the MOT is about to run out. And as it's been off the road all winter the brakes might need to be unseized. price will increase if she puts the mot on it. And further down the bike starts
(edited 11 years ago)
He's on a vfr8 i think. He just knew who you were!

Oh sally's bike (she;s lovely i know her) it's being sold as 'she doesn't know if it works or not' so i'll list it at £1500 and if it doesn't start as the batteries flat it;s not her fault. And it's got scuffs and the MOT is about to run out. And as it's been off the road all winter the brakes might need to be unseized. price will increase if she puts the mot on it. And further down the bike starts

yeah, just noticed that there's more then one page :colondollar:

and i remember the guy on the VFR, we spoke about putting pizza boxes on it :tongue:
Reply 5350
Hi guys, I haven't posted here before but I'm new to biking so could do with some advice.

Basically last night some knob decided to try and steal my YBR from my front garden, I found it this morning with the cover off and having been moved a few feet. They've snapped my steering lock and the ignition barrel is therefore now loose. Luckily I had a disc lock on which they can't have seen, although I wish they had as then they may not have broken my steering lock.

So anyway has this happened to anyone else and if so is it fixable and how much is it likely to set me back. Also is it safe to ride? I'm worried the ignition barrel is going to jam something or fall out :L
Many years ago, soneone did the same to my cbx550. I seem to remember that honda wanted a fortune for a new ignition. As the bike still ran ok, I never bothered to replace it. I rode it like that for nearly 10 years.
i've had a request of the honda going up. And i need to ring you

Phone is on, I'm in.

That was careless of you!

At least he left the bike?

Have fun, i'm waiting for my bother to contact me so i can drive to birmingham to collect him :rolleyes:

Why?
Original post by Lantana
Phone is on, I'm in.
my phone is connected to little one's mac as have no battery
That was careless of you!
i know :sad:
At least he left the bike?
but i don't like the gsxr
Why?
apparently he wants to come home, so i've stopped at little ones as thats near(ish) b'ham.

I need to find your address, lo wants me to meet him half way saturday as he doesn't like long riders alone , so fancy meeting him somewhere at 7:30?

BORIS- slightly scary when he knew who i was talking about... but at least you're memorable? :tongue: :biggrin:
I need to find your address, lo wants me to meet him half way saturday as he doesn't like long riders alone , so fancy meeting him somewhere at 7:30?

Follow signs to Newcastle, then follow signs to airport. Keep going til you hit some traffic lights. Turn left. Turn right at school. So much easier than finding you XD

Depends where halfway is :tongue: Silly LO!

How energetic will you be feeling on Sat morning? aka am I leaving you in bed at 10am or do you want to come to jiu jitsu with me?
Original post by sajerz
Hi guys, I haven't posted here before but I'm new to biking so could do with some advice.

Basically last night some knob decided to try and steal my YBR from my front garden, I found it this morning with the cover off and having been moved a few feet. They've snapped my steering lock and the ignition barrel is therefore now loose. Luckily I had a disc lock on which they can't have seen, although I wish they had as then they may not have broken my steering lock.

So anyway has this happened to anyone else and if so is it fixable and how much is it likely to set me back. Also is it safe to ride? I'm worried the ignition barrel is going to jam something or fall out :L

id stick a switch on instead, (and hide is somewhere not on show (like under the seat)).
oh and always use that disk lock.

BORIS- slightly scary when he knew who i was talking about... but at least you're memorable? :tongue: :biggrin:

i always seem to be memorable, can be a nuisance.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201215462579876/sort/priceasc/usedbikes/model/sv/make/suzuki/quicksearch/true/postcode/n20se/page/1/radius/1500?logcode=p
:drool:
and it agrees with my spending less on a bike to go touring idea.

(the one i posted yesterday was already at the higher end of my budget, with an MOT i imagine it'll go for 2k)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Lantana
Follow signs to Newcastle, then follow signs to airport. Keep going til you hit some traffic lights. Turn left. Turn right at school. So much easier than finding you XD

Depends where halfway is :tongue: Silly LO!

How energetic will you be feeling on Sat morning? aka am I leaving you in bed at 10am or do you want to come to jiu jitsu with me?

he keeps telling me and i keep forgetting. Ummm 10am, i'll probably be awake from 7- not a skill i like. So could do so long as i'm not expected to be any good! i'm so unfit it's a joke
Tomorrow everyone!

Tomorrow!
he keeps telling me and i keep forgetting. Ummm 10am, i'll probably be awake from 7- not a skill i like. So could do so long as i'm not expected to be any good! i'm so unfit it's a joke

Nah, you can't be any worse than me :wink: My plan so far: Fri - you arrive Sat morning: jiu jitsu Sat afternoon: Westgate road Sat evening: find LO Sun morning: church Sun afternoon: bike ride around Northumberland
Original post by Lantana
Nah, you can't be any worse than me :wink: My plan so far: Fri - you arrive Sat morning: jiu jitsu Sat afternoon: Westgate road Sat evening: find LO Sun morning: church Sun afternoon: bike ride around Northumberland

I can im broken remember! I like how we're now just using LO. Make sure i bring your fleece! I'm on earlies this week so home at 5 then leave, as hopefully i'll have packed, then to yours. No idea when i'll arrive, coming on the CBR by request even though i think he's agreed to take my brother back to b'ham the following saturday using it....

Last night was interesting, i should possibly limit who my brother is allowed to talk to...

Original post by LandyJon
Tomorrow everyone!

Tomorrow!

:woo: