The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chilledice
Well, you may have to fight my girlfriend for it. She's got her eyes on my ninja too..

Have you recruited her to the dark side?
Reply 6501
Original post by TheNod
I'm definitely the youngest BMW rider I've encountered at 24!

I could be connable if that CBR isn't a 125!

You might have to fight me first =p I'm practically it's godfather!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6502
So guys a bit of a random question. Since it takes like three weeks to get my license after applying for it, can I do my CBT before I actually receive my license? Should that be a problem? :biggrin:
Original post by hamza7
So guys a bit of a random question. Since it takes like three weeks to get my license after applying for it, can I do my CBT before I actually receive my license? Should that be a problem? :biggrin:

No, they need to see the card and the paper counterpart.
Reply 6504
Original post by hamza7

It might arrive quicker than you think, though, because I did a change of address online on a Friday and received mine on the Tuesday! I hadn't even returned my old licence by that point.
Reply 6505
I'm broken and can't ride :frown:
Original post by Juno
:hmmmm: Well, I'm stealing Boris' Bros too, so how about your girlfriend gets that and I get the ninja? Tis fair.

is it? :eyeball:

Original post by F4LL3N

did you crash again :rolleyes:

seriously though, you alright?

just looked up insurance for Phyllis, was comming up as ~£560, now £430 :biggrin:
though anywhere else to recommend looking, only tried thebikeinsurer.
Original post by F4LL3N

What've you done?
Reply 6508
Original post by Boristhethird

just looked up insurance for Phyllis, was comming up as ~£560, now £430 :biggrin:

That isn't bad for your age to be honest. :smile:

Original post by Lantana
What've you done?

Umm something to my back, no idea what but I can barely move at the moment. Nothing bike related... just annoying :frown:
Original post by Lantana
What've you done?

he's on diclofenac, yesterday was on my drugs. And i'm on fexofenadine hydrochloride! i did mean to send it to you...

It was the scouts who broke him!

Express?
Reply 6510
Original post by Bathwiggle
he's on diclofenac, yesterday was on my drugs. And i'm on fexofenadine hydrochloride! i did mean to send it to you...

I want that! It sounds good! :huff:

Ouchie? Did the non adictive ones not help? It's an antihistamine :yes:

The scouts or thier leaders?

I'm going to Wales on the 5th-10th. Shall I come see you afterwards?
how long have i held my licence?

i passed 2 years ago, but got the CBT 3 years ago.

if i try and say ive had it 2 years, i cant have 3 years NCB

Express?

aha, so my minions arrived :devil:

and express just came up with "unable to provide a quote" :unsure:

I have more NCB than licence time!

If my brain is working right, 'tis a rare case these days, then that's the same length of time I've been riding for. In which case, they're taking the piss because I was insured on my Fazer for £298 through WickedQuotes.
Original post by Lantana
Ouchie? Did the non adictive ones not help? It's an antihistamine :yes:

The scouts or thier leaders?

I'm going to Wales on the 5th-10th. Shall I come see you afterwards?

He can't move, and my drugs were all i had. Leaders. Nope. I know it is :biggrin:

aha, so my minions arrived :devil:

and express just came up with "unable to provide a quote" :unsure:

Nope, this lot are far older than you! :tongue:

Some places you will have to ring due to the CBT being valid before the full license.
Random question...but...

Are European motorbikes the "wrong" (like cars are) way round? IE, Throttle / front brake on the left hand, rear brake on the left foot, clutch on the right hand and gears on the right foot?
Reply 6518
Original post by mikeyd85
Random question...but...

Are European motorbikes the "wrong" (like cars are) way round? IE, Throttle / front brake on the left hand, rear brake on the left foot, clutch on the right hand and gears on the right foot?

Generally no. All bikes are pretty much the same. There are a few rare occasions where you can find the controls reversed however.

In addition - back isn't much different today to yesterday...I just hope it eases up soon as it will stop me doing many fun things :frown:
Reply 6519
Hi guys!
I just got my first scooter yesterday, a 125cc Sym Fiddle Ii. I'm just a bit paranoid about people stealing it, I've heard so many stories on the internet about people who have had their bikes nicked even though they have locks, tags and theft insurance D:
Is there any point getting a disk lock, because theives can just push it into a van. I can't afford fire and theft insurance, so I've only got third party, so it's not like getting a disk lock will reduce my premium.
Where can I park it and lock it to on the street when I've rode it to work (lamppost, railings?) Are these legal?
Finally, is a U lock good enough security for a bike, and where do you lock it to on the scooter, if not the wheel? (People can unscrew the wheel and put the bike in a van)
Sorry for the long post, but I am so scared of it getting nicked, after I paid £625, not including helmet, jacket, boots, lock and CBT. :colondollar:

Latest