The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0906079

With the helmet i was hoping to get a light one because ive worn my friebds before andbit seemed quite heavy and comfortable for lond term use but then again he paid £20 for it.

Typing on phone sorry

To add to the helmet conversation, you can find the safety rating for most helmets here: http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testhelmetlist which includes price as well. :smile:
Well, I haven't been here in a while but I'm after some advice - I'm considering getting a Scala Rider Q2, and I was wondering if anyone has advice on headsets - it needs to be bluetooth, have intercom, and support A2DP.
Original post by omicronlyrae
Well, I haven't been here in a while but I'm after some advice - I'm considering getting a Scala Rider Q2, and I was wondering if anyone has advice on headsets - it needs to be bluetooth, have intercom, and support A2DP.

i love my one, for chatting to f4LL3n, it lasts 9 hours, clear at speeds i use it for, connects to my phone happily... ask F4ll3n?
Reply 6703
Original post by Chilledice
ooh, pretty, is that the new 250r?

Edit: I just googled it, the 2013 ninja 250r? Beautiful looking bike!

http://www.kawasaki-cp.khi.co.jp/mcy/street/13_ex250lm.html

You can buy me one for Christmas :yep:

Original post by LandyJon
Flippin' heck! That's gorgeous :biggrin:

He's lovely! I like all the colours, but the black and lime is :coma:

Original post by F4LL3N
Really dislike the CBR 125's as they are tiny (tried one once).

Yes, but you're supposedly tall

Original post by F4LL3N
It is... but I don't like the indicators at the front !!

Where do you suggest they have them?
Reply 6704
Original post by Juno
You can buy me one for Christmas :yep:

He's lovely! I like all the colours, but the black and lime is :coma:

Yes, but you're supposedly tall

Where do you suggest they have them?

I am tall but they are still incredibly thin and tiny :tongue:

And haha :tongue: I just dislike how they look. Rest of the bike is lovely though.
Reply 6705

The Q2's are great headsets. I use the one I have for bike to bike, sat nav, phone and music all in one swoop. The only thing I have about it is bike to bike doesn't work around corners, no matter whether they are built up areas or not !
Original post by Bathwiggle
i love my one, for chatting to f4LL3n, it lasts 9 hours, clear at speeds i use it for, connects to my phone happily... ask F4ll3n?

Original post by F4LL3N
The Q2's are great headsets. I use the one I have for bike to bike, sat nav, phone and music all in one swoop. The only thing I have about it is bike to bike doesn't work around corners, no matter whether they are built up areas or not !

Cool =) The reason I want intercom is more future proofing than anything, since I don't have anyone to talk to yet =P But that's good - is the sound quality ok for music? That's about the only thing I can think of that would stop me getting one now..
Cool =) The reason I want intercom is more future proofing than anything, since I don't have anyone to talk to yet =P But that's good - is the sound quality ok for music? That's about the only thing I can think of that would stop me getting one now..

Other than nina simone, i can clearly hear the music and it sounds fine :smile:
Reply 6708

Music is OK, quality is standard tbh, won't beat earphones but will be safer
Hi guys, been a while.
Coming to the end of my first year with a big bike now and I'm looking for something a little sportier, so quick question: 2001 CBR600F or 2000 R6? Leaning toward the R6, going to go sit on them and see what they're like in a week or so but opinions welcome/wanted. :wink:
Reply 6710
Original post by Adamski91
Hi guys, been a while.
Coming to the end of my first year with a big bike now and I'm looking for something a little sportier, so quick question: 2001 CBR600F or 2000 R6? Leaning toward the R6, going to go sit on them and see what they're like in a week or so but opinions welcome/wanted. :wink:

I've ridden 2 CBR F's, owned 1 and an FS1. The F is the comfy CBR against the RR or the FS1. If you're strictly looking at the CBR F against the R6 then depends how sporty you want to go. The R6 is the most sporty but I love CBR's and the F is a cracking bike although I think it's slightly less power hungry than an R6 (unless you start comparing to the RR or FS1 in which case power bands would be similar). Have you considered the 2001 CBR FS1? Most favourite bike I've ever owned. More sporty than the F but more comfortable than the RR and keeps the 2 seat sportier look (compared to the F). Never ridden an R6 so can't compare to that in terms of the ride.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I sent my licence off to get the address on it changed, I got it back today and guess what?

NO MORE RESTRICTION ON MY LICENCE :biggrin:

Okay, I'll admit that I've been unrestricted for about a week now, but I've not had the proof to show anyone or brag about.

List of motorbikes Chilly wants to ride:

Honda CBR600RR
Kawasaki ER-6F
Kawasaki ER-6N
Kawasaki's 2013 Ninja 250r
Kawasaki Ninja 400
Triumph Daytona
Triumph Street Triple
A 250/150cc two stroke of some sort.

But he must NOT. BUY. ANY. OF. THEM
Reply 6712
OMG!

I phoned Boris whilst I was walking home from work, right, and then when I got home I had post :smile: And one letter said his name and then my name and I was like "oooh, that's odd" and he was like "open it! open it!"

And then I noticed it had a customs form which said "motorcycle accessories" :s:

And I was like "I aint bought nuffink :confused:"

Anyway, it turns out he's bought me a Pinlock :eek: :shock: :grin:
I sent my licence off to get the address on it changed, I got it back today and guess what?

Okay, I'll admit that I've been unrestricted for about a week now, but I've not had the proof to show anyone or brag about.

Honda CBR600RR
Kawasaki ER-6F
Kawasaki ER-6N
Kawasaki Ninja 400
Triumph Daytona
Triumph Street Triple

is that so you can get a good bike? :tomato:

Original post by Juno
OMG!

I phoned Boris whilst I was walking home from work, right, and then when I got home I had post :smile: And one letter said his name and then my name and I was like "oooh, that's odd" and he was like "open it! open it!"

And then I noticed it had a customs form which said "motorcycle accessories" :s:

And I was like "I aint bought nuffink :confused:"

Anyway, it turns out he's bought me a Pinlock :eek: :shock: :grin:

you said you wanted one, anyway your visor doesnt do the whole opening a little bit and i like the idea of you being able to see.
Reply 6714

Honda CBR600RR
Kawasaki ER-6F
Kawasaki ER-6N
Kawasaki Ninja 400
Triumph Daytona
Triumph Street Triple

How on earth do you not have a 929 or 954 in that list??
Original post by F4LL3N
How on earth do you not have a 929 or 954 in that list??

I'm a noob. my riding experience has been a 125cc motorbike, a 125cc scooter and a measly 33bhp 250cc ninja, I'm gonna take baby steps up to the litrebikes, it's not that I don't want to try a 929 on for size, it's more that I don't want to have to pick up the pieces of the 929 after I find second gear.

People who have had their licence changed post-restriction: When you got your licence back did the "from" date on your motorcycle entitlement change? I passed my test in july 2010 but it now says that my motorbike entitlement is from july 20212. Is this just because of the change from A2 to A? Google says nothing on the matter

(column 16 for those concerned)

ALSO ALSO: Have you seen the incoming rules for restricted bikes? The restricted power must be at least half the original bikes power, which means that NO ONE will be able to restrict a bike above 92bhp (because 46bhp is the soon-to-be limit) No big deal for fazer riders but no restricted cbfs? huh..
(edited 11 years ago)

People who have had their licence changed post-restriction: When you got your licence back did the "from" date on your motorcycle entitlement change? I passed my test in july 2010 but it now says that my motorbike entitlement is from july 20212. Is this just because of the change from A2 to A? Google says nothing on the matter

(column 16 for those concerned)

Mine changed as well when my license got updated.
Reply 6717
Ugs didn't want a curry today :proud:
Reply 6718
Ok passed my cbt this morning and went to a dealership and the guy had a CBR 125 28k miles, 2005 and apparently did me a "favour" by reducing it down to £1.2k. Now I don't know anything about bikes yet but I'm assuming that's not a good deal? Id buy private but again don't know anything about bikes... Also I called about 10 bike shops and this is the only one that had a used CBR 125... None of them even had a CBf or ybr.

Any advice?
Original post by Motorbiker
Mine changed as well when my license got updated.

Probably normal then :smile:

Original post by 0906079
Ok passed my cbt this morning and went to a dealership and the guy had a CBR 125 28k miles, 2005 and apparently did me a "favour" by reducing it down to £1.2k. Now I don't know anything about bikes yet but I'm assuming that's not a good deal? Id buy private but again don't know anything about bikes... Also I called about 10 bike shops and this is the only one that had a used CBR 125... None of them even had a CBf or ybr.

Any advice?

It's not a terrible deal, look on sites like autotrader, mcn and the like and you'll see 2005 cbr's going for around that price. If you have your heart set on a cbr you'll probably not do too badly buying from the dealer at that price. I'd check to see what sort of warranty they'd give you and what the service history is like (if it's not more than a few month warranty and there's no service history I'd be disinclined to give them your money). If you do buy it, you'll probably be able to sell it for not much less than you paid for it a few months down the line.

Latest

Trending

Trending