The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boristhethird
Are you selling Yoshi? :eek:

Yep! The poor thing has had only about 600 miles on him this year, it seems a shame to have it hanging around.

And I have had a full license for almost a year now :colone:

What's insurance like on it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9983

Boris i love you :flutter:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9984
I've just bought a new bike myself.
Yamaha XV125 Virago.

Had my CBT a month and I've got 3 bikes... think I might be getting into this 2 wheel lark a bit!

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by JC.
I've just bought a new bike myself.
Yamaha XV125 Virago.

Had my CBT a month and I've got 3 bikes... think I might be getting into this 2 wheel lark a bit!

:biggrin: woo

So you finding a cruiser suits you then? When you doing your bigger test? How's your OH finding it?

And in other news... Honda have refunded £178 to me for failing to change my spark plugs, they didn't even argue it, just took my card off me and put the money back on
Reply 9986
Original post by JC.
Yamaha XV125 Virago.

Bike snap :dontknow:
Reply 9989
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
Thoughts?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201307157820121/sort/recpriceascdefault/usedbikes/cc-from/300cc/cc-to/400cc/model/xt/make/yamaha/quicksearch/tr

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, it has the added advantage of you never having to let me have a go :yucky:
Reply 9990
Original post by Juno
Well, it has the added advantage of you never having to let me have a go :yucky:

Nic gets the hump cause she can't ride my varadero.

That's what you get for being a short arse! :wink:
Reply 9991
Original post by JC.

Well, I'm not a short arse so that must mean I can have a go :smile:
Original post by JC.

Varadero 125's are lovely, but their bigger brothers...I hate with a fiery passion.

This is only because I used to have to push the buggers about and they're like a bus- you'd be screwed if you dropped one.
Original post by Islam Hamza
I'd like to ask a few questions about getting a bike, for the past year or so I've been planning on buying a bike .. cheap to maintain, cheap to insure and all the girls go wild when you take your helmet off (just kidding :biggrin:).

Thing is, I'm starting university and I'll be commuting. Didn't really want to move into halls and pay £6000 a year. I live in central London, no point moving to an area that's tougher than mine. My uni is about 7.5 miles away from home, by transportation it would take about 30-40 minutes which is a lot considering the distance. Cars, I'm sane .. never gonna pay £4000 per year for insurance.

Other than the fact that I've always wanted a bike and that I would use it to commute, how good/bad of an idea is this? Oyster would cost me a good £100 a month for terrible, smelly, slow public transportation.

I'm 18, which is another issue .. no point getting a 125 and selling it less than a year later. So I might as well wait, do my tests and get anything restricted for 46.6 bhp.

But other than that, has anyone tried this? anyone experienced commuting to university on a bike?

sorry for the long post, but thanks in advance!

A 125cc bike would do the job well tbh and be quicker than public transport. Can filter through the traffic nicely.

I would get a 125cc bike atm and then pass your bigger test when you can and then when you feel the need to upgrade then go for it.

I commute to university with a mix between motorbike and bicycle and it's quite good. Can normally park for free in a lot of places.

Also, i need to go make Mk 4 at some point.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2412448

NEW THREAD.

Thread number 4 time as this one has got to 10,000 posts, (ish)

Latest