The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by R-KAM
Everything is booked! You cannot demand anything more of me... yet! :hump2:

just because you don't have a license doesn't mean you can't get a bike, i'd look after it for you :biggrin:

cake?

Original post by Boristhethird
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2011/June/jun2311-police-bike-theft-squad-axed/

"The Metropolitan Police’s stolen vehicle squad will be disbanded from April 2012 due to budget cuts."

stupid, how secure is your bike?
Reply 161
Original post by Bathwiggle

just because you don't have a license doesn't mean you can't get a bike, i'd look after it for you :biggrin:

cake?

Haha! I live too far away for you to look after it I'm afraid, so no can do. I could always just get a Fazer, then you wouldn't want near it :p:

If I had a cake for every time a woman asked me for cake :pierre:
Reply 162
Original post by R-KAM
Haha! I live too far away for you to look after it I'm afraid, so no can do. I could always just get a Fazer, then you wouldn't want near it :p:

If I had a cake for every time a woman asked me for cake :pierre:

paddy promised me cake. it is an on going argument, but he does keep offering me cake.

I'm being driven up to scotland in august...
Reply 163

paddy promised me cake. it is an on going argument, but he does keep offering me cake.

I'm being driven up to scotland in august...

Have you ever received cake, or is he just getting your hopes up?

Oh nice, why? I'll have my license by then. :smug:

Spoiler

Reply 164
Original post by R-KAM
Have you ever received cake, or is he just getting your hopes up?

Oh nice, why? I'll have my license by then. :smug:

Spoiler

oh has said do i want to go to scotland with him for a holiday, i said if he was paying. he said yet :h:

hes been promising cake for a while now..
Reply 165

oh has said do i want to go to scotland with him for a holiday, i said if he was paying. he said yet :h:

hes been promising cake for a while now..

Be cheaper going somewhere sunny, I'd recommend that and avoiding this **** hole of a country :p:

Demand it, see if he can live up to his promises :fuhrer:
Reply 166
Original post by R-KAM
Be cheaper going somewhere sunny, I'd recommend that and avoiding this **** hole of a country :p:

Demand it, see if he can live up to his promises :fuhrer:

well i've got two separate weeks in wales, coming up, and i do love the scenery in scotland, plus family right at the top. If i go abroad i'd want to go to the red sea. i like it there
Reply 168
i've no idea, but why would you want a brain bucket?

UK HELMET LAWS
1) The strap must be done up.
2) It must fit properly.
3) It must be an approved safety helmet. It'll either display a BS6658 sticker on the outside, or an EC approval mark somewhere inside. Only BS 6658 types A & B or EC Regulation 22 type 05 series are legal in the UK.
Visor Law
Visor Law

Unlike helmets wearing a visor or goggles isn't a legal requirment but as soon as you use one a whole new bunch of rules apply to you.

Legally

1) It must be an approved visor / goggle It'll either have a BS4110 mark or the new EC Regulation 22 type 05 mark.

2) A 50% tint is the darkest you're allowed by law and even then it will be marked "for daylight use only". Dark, mirrored etc. visors are illegal, wear sunglasses instead.

email the seller and ask its its got either of the marks mentioned above

Having a quick look, i don't think it is
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 169
What is it about me, bike lessons and disaster?
Reply 170
Original post by Juno
What is it about me, bike lessons and disaster?

what happened hun? :hugs:
Reply 171
i've no idea, but why would you want a brain bucket?

UK HELMET LAWS
1) The strap must be done up.
2) It must fit properly.
3) It must be an approved safety helmet. It'll either display a BS6658 sticker on the outside, or an EC approval mark somewhere inside. Only BS 6658 types A & B or EC Regulation 22 type 05 series are legal in the UK.
Visor Law
Visor Law

Unlike helmets wearing a visor or goggles isn't a legal requirment but as soon as you use one a whole new bunch of rules apply to you.

Legally

1) It must be an approved visor / goggle It'll either have a BS4110 mark or the new EC Regulation 22 type 05 mark.

2) A 50% tint is the darkest you're allowed by law and even then it will be marked "for daylight use only". Dark, mirrored etc. visors are illegal, wear sunglasses instead.

email the seller and ask its its got either of the marks mentioned above

I ride a cruiser :colondollar: Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 172
Original post by ATCAdam
I ride a cruiser :colondollar: Thanks :biggrin:

Sooo! surely your head is more important than how you look on the bike?
Reply 173
Sooo! surely your head is more important than how you look on the bike?

Yeah I want an open face helemt, I've only got a 125 :smile:
Reply 174

what happened hun? :hugs:

On the way to the bike place there's a mini roundabout just as you turn in (this might work) - I was coming along the main road to turn right into that side road when I see there's a man lying in the middle of the road! I'm a first aider, so I stopped my car at the side of the side road - I stopped about where the drain cover is - and another woman stopped just in front of me. Anyway, the man isn't seriously hurt but had caught his wheely zimmer frame thing on the edge of the central reservation and fallen. He bashed his nose and was a bit shaken up.

So instead of being 15 mins early as planned I ended up being a tiny bit late.
Reply 175
Original post by ATCAdam

I only rode on the road for an hour today but had 3 flies kill themselves on my glasses. I really wouldn't advise it.
Reply 176
Original post by ATCAdam

go to a shop, don't buy off ebay, then you'll know its legal and the fit is right for you. at least aim for one that covers the back of your head to the neck. Even on a 125 flys get you and stones can do damage.

possibly, but being legal don't mean it will do anything in a crash, and you will most certainly die even from a low speed off.
Original post by ATCAdam

You really don't want an open face helmet. Iw roe my offroading helmet which is half open face with goggles once on my 125 as i coudln;t find my road helmet and it's like being punched in the face continuously when you get up to 60mph and hitting a fly/bug is like being punched hard in the face...

Americans do it all the time but that doesn't prove anything...

Only thing i'd ever use an open faced helemet for would be trials riding which is at up to 5mph....

And also, guys, like 40 posts of nothing whilst i was away? Really?
Something about a band... And swear filter avoidance is bad and you know who you are... :fuhrer:
Reply 179
Thanks for all the replies! Yeah good point didn't factor in stones and bugs @60, my winter helmet makes me break out where it rubs on my face though so I was hoping an open face wouldn't aggravate it, or even a large helmet maybe?

Latest

Trending

Trending